Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Runway 29

Notices

Old 29th April 2010, 08:30 PM
Lab Monkey

Default Hello from Michigan

Hi,

I'm a new fan to the Gerry Anderson shows. I never saw them as a kid, with the exception of Space: 1999. My first taste was Terrahawks. I found the DVD's in a thrift shop, watched the whole series and loved it. By odd chance a few weeks later I was in a closeout shop called Big Lot's and found the DVD's for Thunderbirds Are Go and Thunderbird 6. I am now hooked.

Currently I'm trying to find more of the DVD's. I've almost completed Thunderbirds, and recently recieved Joe90 and The Secret Service. Got a few more on the way from eBay as well.

This forum looks pretty cool and I'm looking forward to checking it out.
Old 29th April 2010, 08:36 PM
Picasso61

Hi den68 and welcome to the forum. You've already got some great stuff in your collection - still plenty of classic material to see!
I've been a fan of Gerry Anderson's shows since September 1968 when I first saw Joe 90 on the British commercial channel ATV and The Secret Service the following year not to mention the repeats of the earlier shows on at the time.
Old 30th April 2010, 08:02 AM
Spacehawk

Location: That place... with the stuff... where that thing is...
Send a message via MSN to Chrisof

Hi welcome to the forum. Glad you enjoyed Terrahawks its such an underrated show

My deviantART - http://chrisofedf.deviantart.com/

http://chris-thompson.darkfolio.com/

Nothing could possibly go wrong ...
Old 30th April 2010, 01:33 PM
Spacehawk

Welcome to the forum. I think your are doing the right thing collecting all the shows as they are now relatively easy to get hold of. Don't forget the New Captain Scarlet. I find that buying a cheap multi region DVD from ebay allows me to watch boxsets from other countries. Also once you have got most of the shows your probably going to want a model, a soundtrack, a few comics.......the list goes on :-)
Old 30th April 2010, 01:35 PM
Spacehawk

Thumbs up

den68, welcome to the Fanderson Forum you are among friends.
Old 30th April 2010, 05:08 PM
Squealer

Default Oh Yes!

Well done sir.... try a little show called UFO!!

Virtually all of Gerry's work is brilliant so enjoy it all!!
Old 30th April 2010, 05:39 PM
Picasso61

Smile

Or maybe a black and white classic from 1962 - Fireball XL5.
Old 2nd May 2010, 01:13 AM
Lab Monkey

Thank you for all the welcomes!

I'm in the process of watching Thunderbirds right now. I just finished disc 3 of the 12 disc set put out by A&E. I don't have disc 7 & 8 but those are on their way from eBay, as is Supercar.

Considered how expensive these were originally I've got them all real cheap from eBay. The Secret Service was like $7 bucks and that inluded shipping. Captain Scarlet looks like the only one that may be a little pricey.

Stingray and Fireball XL5 arrived in the mail yesterday. I've got a LOT to watch but my plan is to look for the live action stuff once I watch all the puppet shows.

I remember Space: 1999 from when I was a kid. I had the ship and a toy gun if I recall. May still be in my dads garage actually. I did recently find a record of the show.

I'm sure I'll be looking at toys and comics too. I have a tendency to dive into my interests head first.

Last edited by den68; 3rd May 2010 at 03:07 AM.
Old 23rd August 2010, 05:28 PM
Seal Cub

Quote:
Originally Posted by den68 View Post
Hi,

I'm a new fan to the Gerry Anderson shows. I never saw them as a kid, with the exception of Space: 1999. My first taste was Terrahawks. I found the DVD's in a thrift shop, watched the whole series and loved it. By odd chance a few weeks later I was in a closeout shop called Big Lot's and found the DVD's for Thunderbirds Are Go and Thunderbird 6. I am now hooked.

Currently I'm trying to find more of the DVD's. I've almost completed Thunderbirds, and recently recieved Joe90 and The Secret Service. Got a few more on the way from eBay as well.

This forum looks pretty cool and I'm looking forward to checking it out.
Hello from Michigan too. I too dive into my interests the same way.All and Everything!!

I started with Supercar. I got the box set very cheap thru a DVD outlet. Then I moved onto Fireball XL5, Stingray and am now into Thunderbirds (Disc 8). I resorted to the other box set from eBay as well. I found sealed cheap Box Sets of Torchy The Battery Boy; Captain Scarlet and The Secret Service.

I have started collecting all the Soundtracks.

I first found this site by doing an online search for Supercar (my first Gerry Anderson find). They had the Supercar Documentary on sale for half off! Great DVD. Then I tried to locate the Supercar/ Fireball CD. That was hard to find but located a copy on eBay for $50. One of my best finds.

So I am buying everything. My favorites are the Supermarionation shows. Something about those Marionettes reminds me so much of my childhood. I will be 49 in Oct.

So now I have books, CD, DVDs and am starting to look at the older memorablia on eBay. Items that were sent out to Fan Clubs in the 60s and merchandise produced in the UK and USA.

I joined Fanderson in June so I could purchase the Stingray CD. I love the Music of Barry Gray. Released and unreleased. Even found some shows I downloaded on iTunes with music and interviews about the shows.

I am waiting patiently with excitement like a kid on Christmas for my Membership Package to arrive. I know it will be FAB.

Hoping to meet members old and new on this site to discuss our favorite Gerry Anderson shows. It is nice to see other Michigan fans on here like myself.

Nice to meet everyone!

Jay

JayME

jvale1961@aol.com
Old 23rd August 2010, 05:54 PM
Spacehawk

Welcome to the forum JayME. Hope you find it useful and entertaining !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayME View Post
They had the Supercar Documentary on sale for half off! Great DVD.
Glad you liked it - I was the associate producer !