Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Retro-metabolism > UFO The Movie 2010 / 2011 / 2012/ 2013

Notices

Old 11th December 2009, 08:00 AM
Spacehawk

Default UFO - The Movie - New Website

Here is the link. Just a logo at the moment.

http://www.ufo-themovie.com/

Last edited by Derek Eaton; 20th December 2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 11th December 2009, 11:31 AM
Delta Garage Attendant

GOD! Even the logo is crap. They could at least have used the SHADO logo. Does anyone here really believe that this film is going to be any good ??
Old 11th December 2009, 12:25 PM
Spacehawk

It's early days though. That's not just a website "in development", it's a website that's barely started!

People are expecting (or hoping) that it will hark back to the original series whereas I suspect it will only resemble the original; they're going to be making the series for a 21st Century audience, not the ones who liked the original series.

I'm sceptical that the film - if it gets made - will be much good, but on the other hand I try to keep an open mind; its always possible they'll come up with something that's good on its own terms.

The positive side of this project is that hopefully it will renew interest on the original series.

Last edited by Simon Morris; 11th December 2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11th December 2009, 03:06 PM
Spacehawk

Old 11th December 2009, 05:27 PM
Squealer

Default First is best

I concur,if the original show sees a resurgance then that is a good outcome. Mind you it would help if ITV4 used a remastered print!

I am actually looking forward to this...strange but true. The initial casting I like and I think that Evans has a good track record. The director has also realised that story and character are paramount and he has a miniatures background. PLEASE let's have the music...that will be very cool....we shall see.
Old 11th December 2009, 05:37 PM
Spacehawk

Location: That place... with the stuff... where that thing is...
Send a message via MSN to Chrisof

Im going to give this the benfit of the doubt, i like UFO but even if this film is nothing like it its still possible i may enjoy it.
The new bsg is nothing like old bsg yet its still a decent watch and NCS was radically differnent in look and style to the origional yet most people loved it.

So a little early to judge though my hopes are high.

One thing i can tell from the logo is that i doubt very much this'l be a kids film.

My deviantART - http://chrisofedf.deviantart.com/

http://chris-thompson.darkfolio.com/

Nothing could possibly go wrong ...
Old 11th December 2009, 05:59 PM
Spacehawk

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisof View Post
Im going to give this the benfit of the doubt, i like UFO but even if this film is nothing like it its still possible i may enjoy it.
The new bsg is nothing like old bsg yet its still a decent watch and NCS was radically differnent in look and style to the origional yet most people loved it.

So a little early to judge though my hopes are high.

One thing i can tell from the logo is that i doubt very much this'l be a kids film.
agree.
Old 11th December 2009, 06:11 PM
Dr. Cedric Agon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Eaton View Post
Here is the link. Just a logo at the moment.

http://www.ufo-themovie.com/UFO/Blank_3.html
Quite like the new logo. There's a nice nod to the original SHADO logo, which realistically is the best I think we can hope for. I just hope they get Mike Trim on board.
Old 11th December 2009, 06:20 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDexter View Post
Quite like the new logo. There's a nice nod to the original SHADO logo, which realistically is the best I think we can hope for. I just hope they get Mike Trim on board.

Yes, there is a kind of hint of the original logo, albeit reversed. Whether that is accidental or by design (pardon the pun) is another matter!

As for Mike Trim.....I can't believe they will have any interest whatsoever in getting people from the 'old' series on board. But I agree - it would be nice!
Old 11th December 2009, 06:57 PM
Spacehawk

I am hoping that some lessons might be learnt from the 2004 Thunderbirds movie - they could not make a bigger mess than that - I would like to see the aliens kept mysterious and fantastic hardware. Keep it modern and real like Iron Man and it might not go straight to DVD. If we have to have a band on the soundtrack - please let it rock!