Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB News

Notices

Old 14th September 2009, 12:16 PM
Skybase Engineer

Send a message via MSN to Captaincubbio2009
Smile R.E Barry Gray - Fanderson CD TV Soundtracks

Hello there,

I was watching them on EBay last night to see how much they had sold for & it was a lot of money. The 2 CD Soundtrack to U.F.O made the most at 155.00 GBP Pounds & 2 CD Soundtrack to Space 1999 Year 1 made 129.00 GBP Pounds

Plus the two gift TV Soundtrack cardboarded sleeved ones fetched 42.00 GBP Pounds each.

I originally E-Mailed the guy & told him to take off The Secret Service & Stingray TV Soundtracks from EBay & he did & said sorry to you guy's so he said in the reply E-Mail.

Thanks for reading my posting

Take Care

Captaincubbio2009
Old 15th September 2009, 07:01 PM
Spacehawk

If the Secret Service and Stingray soundtracks are originals and not copies, surely hes perfectly entitled to sell them?
Old 15th September 2009, 07:54 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
If the Secret Service and Stingray soundtracks are originals and not copies, surely hes perfectly entitled to sell them?

It's something of a grey area isn't it.

When STINGRAY was first released, some cheeky git put a copy on ebay within days (or even hours) and I think that was just....well, like I say, it was a hell of a cheek.

But really, after a while - and I don't know what period is acceptable - people have every right really to sell something on, if that's what they want to do. If people need the cash badly (and that's more than likely in these troubled times) I can't criticise someone for wanting to sell items that are likely to see quite a lot of interest outside of the Fanderson membership - and therefore a fairly high financial return.

As for captaincubbio....all well and good, 'telling' people what to do with Fanderson merchandise on ebay. But Advanced Google is a useful tool and it's amazing what names come up when you see who is distributing mp3s of these albums. And who is requesting to receive the same!

So people in glass houses.....
Old 16th September 2009, 01:12 PM
Spacehawk

I too have just done an Advanced Google search using CERTAIN key words.
mmmmmm... i see what you mean!
Old 17th September 2009, 12:24 PM
Main Mission Operative

Quote:
Not under the terms of Fanderson membership. You risk expulsion from the club... and the threat of worse... Of course if the seller did not buy them from Fanderson (eg was given them as a gift) I guess that's another matter.
Old 17th September 2009, 03:38 PM
Spacehawk

Perhaps someone from Fanderson should see who started this post and then take at look at these links.

http://http://tv-soundtracks.blogspo...elevision.html

http://www.demonoid.com/files/detail...rel=1227651970

http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1583449/775222/

Now i know why he was complaining about people selling discs on eBay.
Old 17th September 2009, 03:42 PM
Spacehawk

The links either do not work or are broken.

http://www.tnthobbies.co.uk/index.htm
Old 17th September 2009, 03:53 PM
Spacehawk

Sorry about the broken links. (i'm new to all this net stuff)
But someone who may or may not be a Fanderson member is uploading CD rips of the Fanderson Stingray, Space 1999 and UFO to torrent groups and file sharing sites.
Old 17th September 2009, 05:44 PM
Main Mission Operative

Quote:
Now i know why he was complaining about people selling discs on eBay.
Perhaps it's a different Captain Cubbio.

My goodness, though, someone has been very busy. Looks as though uploading soundtracks is something of a crusade for this guy.

As for the links, the first should be

http://tv-soundtracks.blogspot.com/

but note that he has in fact removed almost all the downloads now. Given that, I don't think it matters linking to these now:
Gerry Anderson Shows
Space:1999
Terrahawks
Old 17th September 2009, 07:17 PM
Spacehawk

Nick, I know exactly who Captain Cubbio is, although I did not realise that this was what he was doing with exclusive Fanderson material. The person involved ( I will not reveal his real name here although I know full well what it is), has recently rejoined Fandeson after a break from the club, he is also a member on the Eagletransporter forum.

I had some limited contact with this person via MSN Messenger a couple of years ago, and he requested that I send him the Fanderson CD soundtracks as MP3s that he was missing, lets just sat that 'persistent' did not cover the amount of times he tried to get to me to comply, in the end I just stopped using MSN as I was so fed up with him. The exact same thing happened with another member of Eagletransporter forum, he was so bombarded with requests from Captian Cubbio for Fanderson CDs that he told him in no uncertain terms what he thought of him and what he could do.

Capaian Cubbio, if you are reading this, behave yourself, the games up, and bear in mind that your membership with Fanderson could well be in jeopardy if you carry on, and that might well tell you why it is that I have not responded to your 'freind' request as I am just a little bit peed off with you and what you have been doing.

http://www.tnthobbies.co.uk/index.htm