Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Runway 29

Notices

Old 20th September 2009, 12:31 PM
SID

Found Fanderson a few years ago when I did a search for Gerry Anderson. Joined last year when I saw that membership could be done via computer instead of snail mail, I live in the US. Hope Fanderson Sales goes on line sometime.
Old 24th September 2009, 03:46 PM
Zarin

Smile

" i joined fanderson back in 1991 when thunderbirds was big again on bbc2. as thunderbirds the comic came out the address was in it and that was that. ive been here ever since nick.
Old 29th September 2009, 09:06 AM
Cloudbase Doctor

I joined Fanderson in 1989 after my husband borrowed copies of SIG someone was reading at work. At last a group of people who understood my fascination with the Worlds of Anderson.
Old 29th September 2009, 11:13 AM
Aquaphibian

If I remember right , like Autumn Cottage , I joined at the begining of the eighties after the convention at the Dragonara ? hotel . Loved it then , still loving it now !
Old 29th September 2009, 11:22 AM
Spacehawk

The Dragonara is now the Leeds Hilton, not a patch on how it used to be. Guess i have to many happy memories from back then.
Old 8th October 2009, 09:00 PM
Aquaphibian

I've been a member of Fanderson on and off a few times over the last decade or so. I'll be honest and say I mostly joined so that I could get my hands on some of the exclusive merchandise, particularly the "Into Infinity" DVD and some of the Barry Gray soundtrack CDs. I'm not currently a member. I've always found the idea of Fanderson a bit strange really...

Space: 1999 - a personal view

"Now we're sitting on the biggest bomb man's ever made"
Old 9th October 2009, 02:43 AM
Spacehawk

Cool

I was a member of FANDERSON from around 2003 until 2008. I thought it was enjoyable and the merchandise is excellent.
Old 9th October 2009, 12:11 PM
Spacehawk

Andrew Kearley wrote.
Quote:
I'm not currently a member. I've always found the idea of Fanderson a bit strange really...
I suppose that any society or group means different things to different people and that people become members for varying reasons, but I am genuinely puzzled as to why Fanderson could be considered 'strange'.

I did not actually join Fanderson for a few years myself, I attended events, show's and conventions frequently along with my good friend Retroboy, (who has been a member of Fanderson since virtually day one), from the very early 1990s. But it took me several years to actually join the club. Since that time I take it as a given that I will renew my membership annually and I love being part of Fanderson.

http://www.tnthobbies.co.uk/index.htm
Old 9th October 2009, 12:40 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Kearley View Post
I've always found the idea of Fanderson a bit strange really...
Any particular reason ? (Looks for raised eyebrow expression emoticon... doesn't find one) Have to admit I've never liked the name much, and I suppose the idea of an 80 year old man having a fan club is a bit weird - a fan club based around the programmes might make more sense - but as a way of bringing out soundtracks, magazines, documentaries and organising conventions it has been hugely effective over the years.
Old 9th October 2009, 12:47 PM
Spacehawk

Two posts for the price of One !