Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Runway 29

Notices

Old 14th September 2009, 05:17 PM
Mexican Bandit

Ed Bishop told me about it, back in 1974, but I didn't get around to joining for years. No idea why not. In 1993, I found a cassette of one of the Scarlet audio adventures in WH Smiths. The insert card gave Fanderson's address, so I wrote... and here I still am.
Old 14th September 2009, 08:21 PM
General Strond

Default Sig

I grew up with SIG around the house, and Channel 5 videos by the TV...
Old 14th September 2009, 09:02 PM
Spacehawk

Location: That place... with the stuff... where that thing is...
Send a message via MSN to Chrisof
Smile

I joined in 2009 , saw the website and wanted to join for years, finally made the "big step" last month, havn't regreted it.

My deviantART - http://chrisofedf.deviantart.com/

http://chris-thompson.darkfolio.com/

Nothing could possibly go wrong ...
Old 14th September 2009, 10:57 PM
Spacehawk

I originally found out about Fanderson in the late 1980s through a close friend who joined virtually from the formation of the society in the early 1980s, although I did not actually join myself until the mid to late 1990s.

Although not a paid up member until the late 90s, I have attended every UK Fanderson convention since the Wolverhampton event in 1992. I stood as a dealer at the two cons in Coventry in 2000 and 2003 but missed so much of the convention proceeds I decided to only attend in future as a delegate.

I have been active with Fanderson in one way or another for a few years now, and I became part of the Fanderson Sales team along with Stephen and Lynn in April 2007.
Old 15th September 2009, 11:16 AM
Spacehawk

First heard about Fanderson back in the early 80s when it was among two or three fan groups that existed at the time - think I joined when it linked up with S.I.G. magazine to become the officially recognised Gerry Anderson fan club. Have been a member on and off since then and have attended most conventions, including the first in Leeds. Just sent off my application to rejoin having been impressed by the new look magazine and the membership items.
Old 15th September 2009, 05:35 PM
SID

There was a Gerry Anderson event early in '81, with leaflets advertising Fanderson 81. Having subscribed to 'Supermarionation Is Go', after buying the first issue at the Leeds Con, I joined Fanderson itself later that year (or maybe early '82), with S.I.G (as it became) being the adopted magazine.
Old 18th September 2009, 04:40 AM
Alien

Location: Australia - never been anywhere else...and barely seen much of Oz come to think of it.

I read about it in SIG magazine but I couldn't afford to join - it was too expensive!

I can't remember exactly when I joined - when NCS was due out I think. I think the first FAB mag I received had CGI Scarlet on the cover.
Old 19th September 2009, 01:39 PM
Picasso61

I joined Fanderson earlier this year and have never looked back. Wish I'd joined before now. I'm so pleased that there is an actual Fanderson forum now.
Old 19th September 2009, 02:08 PM
Lab Monkey

I learnt of Fanderson in 1991 when I was due to do the music and sound effects for a game based on an Anderson series. [The game was cancelled]. I've never been a member of Fanderson...
Old 20th September 2009, 10:02 AM
Seal Cub

I joined banck in the early 1990's, after I had seen the BBC2 airing of Thunderbirds.

Great to see a forum here!