Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB News

Notices

Old 18th July 2015, 10:52 AM
Protector

Default 2016 Calendar

It's probably the careless, sloppy attitude of an industry, with staff, teamleads, quality managers messing about or simply not caring at all. Why else have we seen the odd marketing images of Thunderbirds published like the cover of the TaG video with TB 4 (?!) in front of an orange building? Or Kyrano on the blu-ray box cover, mistaken for the series’ villain? Or the ‘publicity shot’of Jeff in his never worn blue uniform with bronze sash? Now the cover of the 2016 calendar. Close, but no sigar. An unnecessary slip, but oh well, who’ll notice, who gives a hoot. And why bother to check with Fanderson. Fander-who?! Or is it just the nitpicking me .... And I do hope this time we'll see some other pictures then the ones we've seen countless times before.
But I am very happy to be a lifelong TB fan and Fanderson member. seeya, Hans

Last edited by hans sterk; 18th July 2015 at 10:56 AM.
Old 18th July 2015, 11:25 AM
Spacehawk

According to ITV, the numbers are just there for the famous countdown, they're not specifically supposed to be matched to each of their respective pilots, it's just a coincidence that 4 out of 5 happen to have matched up that way.

Thunderbirds Are Go! - Comin' To The Rescue
https://youtu.be/P1C5JE8MZi4
Old 18th July 2015, 04:19 PM
Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram K Hackenbacker View Post
According to ITV, the numbers are just there for the famous countdown, they're not specifically supposed to be matched to each of their respective pilots, it's just a coincidence that 4 out of 5 happen to have matched up that way.

Yeah, sure, I'd say the same if I were the responsible guy at ITV who is supposed to do things right.
Like 1-2-3-4-5 Scott Virgil Alan John Gordon...

Cheers
Old 18th July 2015, 06:17 PM
Moid

At least there is going to be a calendar. Every year up to the 2004 film there was a calandar, but since that film there have been no TB calendars!! It tainted the whole brand!"
Old 18th July 2015, 06:49 PM
Spacehawk

The design seemed absolutely fine to me when I looked at it - and still does. I never saw the number as being anything other than a countdown, and I'm sure the vast majority of other people would have thought the same. At least they used the proper Thunderbirds logo.

I hope the calendar is a success.
Old 18th July 2015, 07:51 PM
Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Morris View Post
The design seemed absolutely fine to me when I looked at it - and still does. I never saw the number as being anything other than a countdown, and I'm sure the vast majority of other people would have thought the same. At least they used the proper Thunderbirds logo.

I hope the calendar is a success.
I'm afraid I wondered what point the OP was trying to make, took about a second looking at the picture before the "What!?" moment hit me. Thank goodness that image will be hidden for most of the year

Someone, somewhere, done a bit of a whoopsie
Old 18th July 2015, 08:44 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch View Post

Someone, somewhere, done a bit of a whoopsie

No they haven't.

It's just a countdown - how petty can people be?

If people are already picking minor holes in the cover design, then god knows what sort of reaction there will be to the actual contents!

As someone above suggests, be thankful there's a calendar at all, surely?
Old 18th July 2015, 08:47 PM
Aquaphibian

It's the usual PR bull that you get from management when they've screwed up . See it all the time .
Old 18th July 2015, 09:00 PM
R.A.T.

Personally I think they would have been better off using shots of the Thunderbirds, or possibly a nice conjoined image of Tracy Island and Creighton Ward Manor.

Do they ever think of getting fans on staff to work on these things, to avoid these blunders? The Stargate SG1 collectors set DVDs had similar mistakes. (Shrugs).
Old 18th July 2015, 11:10 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
Personally I think they would have been better off using shots of the Thunderbirds, or possibly a nice conjoined image of Tracy Island and Creighton Ward Manor.

Do they ever think of getting fans on staff to work on these things, to avoid these blunders? The Stargate SG1 collectors set DVDs had similar mistakes. (Shrugs).

Sorry, but it really isn't a 'mistake' or a 'blunder'. It's a choice that has been made by the designers, and some of us happen not to agree with it.

Now - I agree with you, shots of the craft would have been preferable, but maybe they thought they'd go for a different, more 'modern' or moodier shot. I wouldn't be surprised if the designers weren't even born when the original series aired.

Really, if people are moaning about this sort of thing its no wonder that fans get the mickey taken out of them for being too "obsessive". Or whatever.

A calender has been issued and perhaps it's best at the moment to be thankful for that much.