Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB News

Notices

Old 9th June 2016, 04:18 AM
Mario Coletti

Send a message via Yahoo to neilhoughton Send a message via Skype™ to neilhoughton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cham-cham View Post
Has anyone bought the Australian blu-ray from JB Hi-Fi and got it delivered to the UK? How much did the import charges or whatever cost (if there were any)?
I didn't get charged anything. I've never had any import charges appluied so I guess I've been lucky.
Old 9th June 2016, 04:06 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
I'm not sure what's changed.
Since the early days of dvd I bought loads of boxsets. The 3 Saint boxsets , the huge Thriller boxset , various ITC shows and even the massive Charmed set which weighed a ton.
All from a variety of Oz retailers and I never ever got a customs charge.
Seemed too frequent to be luck.

Anyway I think it was last year ( or earlier this year) I ordered the Australian Ray Harryhausen set which was under £30. Ordered from Fishpond who seem to be an agent for a variety of retailers, and got stung for a customs charge for the first time ever.

My postman told me that stuff from Australia particularly gets more scrutiny now from HMRC staff at Mount Pleasant. Not sure why. Just down to luck I think as to which pakages they target. Far easier to claim tax from us mere mortals than get it off millionaires and big business...
Old 9th September 2017, 03:19 PM
Battery Boy

After reading the latest FAB article, I've decided to get Doppleganger on blu ray, but am unsure which is the definitve version.

Should I get the UK release (I'm located in the UK) or the Australian one with the Fanderson extras?
Old 9th September 2017, 09:11 PM
Zeroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMaxi View Post
After reading the latest FAB article, I've decided to get Doppleganger on blu ray, but am unsure which is the definitve version.

Should I get the UK release (I'm located in the UK) or the Australian one with the Fanderson extras?
The only question is what you feel the bonuses are worth.
The Australian Bluray has extras , the UK and US ones dont. They might have a trailer but not sure about that.

To be fair, the alternate version is a curiosity only. The differences are minimal and the print is poor so I doubt you'd watch the whole movie when the pristine version is available.
The PDF Fanderson content is good but you need a Bluray computer drive to access it.
The image gallery is nice but the one main extra is a Gerry Anderson commentary.

The UK Blu is £5 delivered on Amazon. The Australian one is £35 + postage although you should be able to find it cheaper but it will be at least £20 I would say.
You takes your money and you makes your choice.
Old 10th September 2017, 12:29 PM
Battery Boy

Thanks for explaining what the differences are, I can now make an informed choice.
Old 21st September 2017, 02:37 AM
Butler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cham-cham View Post
Has anyone bought the Australian blu-ray from JB Hi-Fi and got it delivered to the UK? How much did the import charges or whatever cost (if there were any)?
The Australian release is also available from Amazon US.

https://www.amazon.com/Journey-Far-S...the+sun+bluray
Old 21st September 2017, 10:07 PM
Zeroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Johnson View Post
The Australian release is also available from Amazon US.

https://www.amazon.com/Journey-Far-S...the+sun+bluray
Amazon US now make you prepay customs charges when you order.
The good thing is that it ensures you don't pay the admin fee that you would need to if the customs charges are added later. Royal Mail admin fee is £8 before any charges are added.
Here's a link to customs free options. UK and US Blus are just over £8 and the Oz one is £31- still cheaper than paying customs to Amazon US where even using the cheapest postage it works out at over £40 delivered. The Amazon UK listing is actually a link to the US site.

http://www.wowhd.co.uk/search?mod=AV...of%20the%20sun

Last edited by theinspector; 21st September 2017 at 10:09 PM.