Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Thunderbirds Are Go!

Notices

Old 25th December 2018, 07:54 PM
Supreme Commander

Default A TAG Newsflash, Or Taking the P......?

Happy Christmas Everyone!

A small newsflash - if thr TAG Facebook is to br beleived. 24 still shots and rotating animations from the series preceded this one today. Question is, are they on the level or is this another PR faff?

If it IS on the levelwhat does tbis mean plotwise, characterwise and who will be or has been cast? It also beggers the question, will this be the the final chapter of Thunderbirds Are Go?
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20181225-194547_1.jpg   Screenshot_20181225-194532_1.jpg  
Old 25th December 2018, 10:55 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post

A small newsflash - if thr TAG Facebook is to br beleived. 24 still shots and rotating animations from the series preceded this one today. Question is, are they on the level or is this another PR faff?

If it IS on the levelwhat does tbis mean plotwise, characterwise and who will be or has been cast? It also beggers the question, will this be the the final chapter of Thunderbirds Are Go?
I'd be confident this is on the level, if it's someone from the regular cast rather than a guest artist, I really hope it's Ramon Tikaram.

Thunderbirds Are Go! - Comin' To The Rescue
https://youtu.be/P1C5JE8MZi4
Old 28th December 2018, 12:17 PM
Commissioner Simmonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post

Given all the other collateral info that seems to be on various peoples twitter accounts etc it does seem to to be pointing to the rest of the series working to a final "big" rescue ("Long Reach" if you want to look for it) that is "personal" - all of which seems to imply that it's Jeff (the only other thing I can think of is that somehow it's Kyrano - or whatever Kayo's dad is called in this incarnation, as I don't think he's ever been referred to by name).

Other deatils - like the photo of the "re-imagined" Crablogger also seem to point to more links to the original episodes being pulled in.

Why it's taken so long to finish production (the final episode only finished final music dubbing aroung the end of Nov isn't clear) - my only thought (vain hope) is they saw some of the comments that were raised about the initial episodes in this series (Chaos Crew etc) and did some rework on the rest.

Is this really the end of TAG - my guess is certainly for the moment as there is no evidence that any more have been commissioned.

However that would not prevent them starting up again once all these episodes have been shown and the various markets have shown them all (to be honest 78 episodes is probably enough if all they want to have is enough to repeat through).

If this series does result in the return of Jeff it would however give them scope to give any future series a different feel.

What's lacking now however is some info on when they are going to actually start showing them........

FAB_61

Last edited by FAB_61; 28th December 2018 at 12:21 PM.
Old 1st January 2019, 06:28 PM
Zarin

How the show would evolve with the re-introduction of Jeff would be fascinating to see, given this version of International Rescue has become used to working without him, but I do fear this might be the end for the series.

The merchandise situation, the absolutely enormous gap in Series 3, and the general vibe of ITV forgetting about the show really doesn't fill me with confidence.

Still, the few tidbits we've seen about Series 3 Part 2 do seem interesting, and if it is to be the end I still think TAG has got infinitely more right than it got wrong.