Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB Magazine

Notices

Old 31st January 2018, 09:24 AM
Aquaphibian

In the sad news of Jeremy Wilkins death, posted on Fanderson home page - it mentions the obit will be in this issue.

I think we can presume from that FAB88 is at least a few weeks away at this stage.

-------

If you're in it for the merch I would suggest you're getting a better deal, as every week it's delayed is another week you'll have access to the Fanderson members' shop.
Old 31st January 2018, 12:11 PM
Zarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillPS View Post
I think we can presume from that FAB88 is at least a few weeks away at this stage.
Yep, it's looking very much like it might not be until the end of Feb/early March before it hits members doormats.

Interesting is that we're now in to the third page of this thread, have had moans about the delays, and (even worse and more pointless) moans about the moans, but the only substantive comment about a reason is that the delay is due to "difficult personal circumstances" yet there is no indication or estimate of when it will be completed and get to the printers.

Probably best to bunker down, ride out the wait and get on with other things.

Z
Old 31st January 2018, 07:29 PM
Zarin

Its been said, but obviously, it is still worth reminding all, that volunteers put this fantastic mag out in their own time, if someone is having ANY kind of problems, personal or otherwise, that may delay this from happening I don't see that members have a right to be informed of the the exact nature of what is happening in their lives- they are doing their best.
I certainly appreciate the care they take over the mag and am happy to wait for it to turn up when it does.
I mange a comic shop, and most of the MAJOR comic companies have regular problems with shipping comics that are SUPPOSED to be on a monthly schedule, so for Fanderson to only miss the occasional deadline could be viewed as a minor miracle in itself.
Now if only Universal could pull their fingers out and sort out the Doppelganger CD clearance????
Old 31st January 2018, 08:13 PM
Zarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstnickg View Post
if someone is having ANY kind of problems, personal or otherwise, that may delay this from happening I don't see that members have a right to be informed of the the exact nature of what is happening in their lives
I think people are fully aware that much of the production of FAB is carried out on a voluntary basis - it's been mentioned several times already on this thread.

And no-one is demanding that personal details/nature of individual's problems be disclosed - I've no idea where anyone would get such an idea. But a general explanation and an estimate of the expected delay (and again I doubt anyone would consider that a firm and fixed promise) would go a long way to assuaging some members concerns.

For example I doubt the printing, packing and postage is done on a voluntary basis but is most likely a paid for professional activity. If there is an issue there then perhaps it could be explained in more depth. I guess that there are people who would like confirmation and reassurance from someone in an official capacity that it will turn up some time in the future that it is not just an extendable indefinite period.

I don't see that is an unreasonable expectation.

Z
Old 3rd February 2018, 09:11 PM
Zarin

Well Grahame,
you asked in a previous post for "an honest" explanation-
has someone been lying to you?
"a general explanation"-
you have had one, but its clearly too general?
That is where I was "getting the idea from".
I agree that it would be better all round that someone in an official capacity should address the situation,and give an interim update, if only to give the reassurance that some people clearly need.
Old 4th February 2018, 10:50 AM
Dr. Cedric Agon

Hello all,

Apologies for updates from earlier messages on this thread. As stated on the website and Facebook we are working hard to get FAB 88 finished off and are almost there. Unfortunately through professional non club work, winter viruses and a host of other things it has been an extremely busy few weeks for everyone involved with the club. We've been adding in last minute news items and will be printed our usual full 64 page magazine shortly.
As stated on the club website we will endeavour to get back on track with FAB issues during the course of 2018.
As an aside we are also busy on putting together new merchandise items which I'm sure you will enjoy.
Whilst I'm here, the FAB 2018 calendar has proved very popular , OK so its February now but there are a handful of copies left should you still want one or indeed are seeking a pristeen spare.
Meanwhile we trust that you will find the latest FAB will have been worth the wait.

Stephen Brown

Fanderson, since 1981, by fans, for fans
Old 5th February 2018, 10:30 AM
Zarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstnickg View Post
Well Grahame,
you asked in a previous post for "an honest" explanation-
has someone been lying to you?
"a general explanation"-
you have had one, but its clearly too general?
That is where I was "getting the idea from".
I agree that it would be better all round that someone in an official capacity should address the situation,and give an interim update, if only to give the reassurance that some people clearly need.
An 'honest' explanation doesn't mean that someone has been lying - just that there is an absence of one.

A 'general' explanation that states it's late is unhelpful as everyone knows it is late because it didn't turn up on schedule. And stating 'volunteers' is the reason is also unhelpful as we all know that.

I see we have now had an 'official' update on the situation which is very welcome - thanks to Stephen for providing it. Sounds like someone has had the winter flu - I hope they're over it now.

Z.
Old 6th February 2018, 07:04 PM
Zarin

Ahh, I clearly need a new dictionary.
Peace out Grahame.
Thanks Steve for the update,
roll on FAB 88
[in its own time].
Old 14th February 2018, 02:55 PM
Seal Cub

Looking forward to fab 88 now itís almost ready.

Is there a way of checking when a membership expires? I canít remember if mine expired with fab 87 or with 88, and I canít find the bit of paper that came with 87 which said about the expiry.
Old 15th February 2018, 11:02 AM
Supreme Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cham-cham View Post
Looking forward to fab 88 now itís almost ready.

Is there a way of checking when a membership expires? I canít remember if mine expired with fab 87 or with 88, and I canít find the bit of paper that came with 87 which said about the expiry.
I think it says when your membership expires on the envelope in which the FAB is mailed.

Nice to see that Jeremy Wilkin is on the front cover of issue 88 - I'm sure Ayshea won't mind stepping down for this one.