Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB News

Notices

Old 30th July 2016, 06:52 AM
Mario Coletti

Send a message via Yahoo to neilhoughton Send a message via Skype™ to neilhoughton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Morris View Post
Mine closes ok as far as I can tell: mind you, even if it didn't I wouldn't be too bothered as it's enclosed by the card slipcase anyway

EDIT: I think it's just a matter of centreing the booklet in the case so it doesn't slip to the left where the hinged side is?
I've tried centering it but it's definitely too thick for it to close properly without damaging the case. The case doesn't stay closed with the thin one. It's just very loose so if I turn it horizontally it opens and isn't held shut.
Old 30th July 2016, 08:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilhoughton View Post
I've tried centering it but it's definitely too thick for it to close properly without damaging the case. The case doesn't stay closed with the thin one. It's just very loose so if I turn it horizontally it opens and isn't held shut.
Surely the case should close with the thin booklet as that was how it was sent out and how you received it.
Sounds like you have a dodgy case
Old 31st July 2016, 07:33 AM
Mario Coletti

Send a message via Yahoo to neilhoughton Send a message via Skype™ to neilhoughton

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
Surely the case should close with the thin booklet as that was how it was sent out and how you received it.
Sounds like you have a dodgy case
The case closes with the thin booklet in but it opens if you hold it upside down. The lid is supposed to stay firmly closed like the bottom one does but is very loose and I think this is the reason why it won't stay shut with the thicker booklet. Is the lid on yours quite firm when you close it?
Old 31st July 2016, 11:08 AM
Spacehawk

My case(s) open if they're held upside down with the thicker booklet in. Not if they contain the thinner booklet.

I should think the simplest thing is not to hold the case upside down (and why would you?)

Sorry, but I can't believe we're having this conversation...
Old 31st July 2016, 01:28 PM
Mario Coletti

Quote:
My case(s) open if they're held upside down with the thicker booklet in. Not if they contain the thinner booklet.

I should think the simplest thing is not to hold the case upside down (and why would you?)

Sorry, but I can't believe we're having this conversation...
I'm sorry you can't see the point. The point I'm making is that the case I have doesn't close properly and with the thicker booklet it will not close at all! Perhaps I just have a defective case so is harder to explain to those who have a perfect set.
Old 31st July 2016, 03:13 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilhoughton View Post
I'm sorry you can't see the point. The point I'm making is that the case I have doesn't close properly and with the thicker booklet it will not close at all! Perhaps I just have a defective case so is harder to explain to those who have a perfect set.

I do see the point, Neil. My case too opens if I hold it upside down with the thicker booklet in. It just doesn't bother me.

Perhaps get a replacement case?

I assume - though I don't know for sure - that there are places that sell these clam-shell type things. I've got hundreds of soundtracks and this sort of thing is a fairly common occurence with multi disc versions, whether there is a substantial booklet or not.
Old 31st July 2016, 06:12 PM
Mario Coletti

Quote:
I do see the point, Neil. My case too opens if I hold it upside down with the thicker booklet in. It just doesn't bother me.

Perhaps get a replacement case?

I assume - though I don't know for sure - that there are places that sell these clam-shell type things. I've got hundreds of soundtracks and this sort of thing is a fairly common occurence with multi disc versions, whether there is a substantial booklet or not.
Thank you for understanding Simon. I'm not sure if there's a big demand for 4 cd cases and the only place that might have them is perhaps Ebay. I've only got one other 4 disc set and that was the signed Battlestar set I got from Stu Phillips and that is perfect with the booklet too. I'm working on trying to flatten the thicker booklet and hopefully will fit once it's done.
Old 31st July 2016, 08:04 PM
Banned

If you actually cannot close the case with the thick booklet in it as others can it does sound like a defective case. Although if something is wrong then surely something is cracked, split or broken somewhere.
If that's not the case there's no guarantee a new case will be any different
Old 2nd August 2016, 01:39 AM
Lazoon

Wow! I haven't been on this board in a little while, but I received my mysterious new booklet today. Thank you so much! I didn't notice the inferior quality paper in the original, but I am very grateful you have such high standards and appreciate this amazing gesture.
Old 2nd August 2016, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyM1967 View Post
Wow! I haven't been on this board in a little while, but I received my mysterious new booklet today. Thank you so much! I didn't notice the inferior quality paper in the original, but I am very grateful you have such high standards and appreciate this amazing gesture.
No amazing gesture goes unpunished.
The thick booklet now causes problems for Neil!!

I can just imagine the people who made the decision to issue the better quality booklet reading this thread and throwing their arms in the air with a collective sigh!