Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Operation - Cover Up > Expect The Unexpected - 12th October 2013 2013

Notices

Old 14th October 2013, 12:42 AM
General Strond

Default Jamie A

Totally forgot to mention Jamie Anderson was there & he kept us up to speed with Andercon & Kickstarter who are fundraising for the new project Gemini Force one
He's a really great bloke.
Old 14th October 2013, 06:45 PM
Jason Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersonitis View Post
I brought along Phil Raes laminated Blueprints & put them on the wall & I displayed my Kate Kestrel head
But to be honest apart from David Sisson's Repro models original props there was very few
I would have brought my puppets to cheer everyone up but I imagined puppets would be a no no at a Terrahawks event
You should have brought them along it would have made a better display. I actually thought there might be other people displaying stuff, like Fanderson displaying some of the original SP props from their archive, or maybe Christof bringing some of his art, or certainly an appearance by a Zeroid which has appearred at some past events, I was surprised and a bit disappointed not to see it at a Terrahawk Convention, especially as I had my camera ready to take some photos of it..

Apart from that I really enjoyed the day even though I had set my alarm an hour late which added to the stress of transporting everything there and then the rush to set everything up.
Best model there for me was seeing the original Zelda spaceship, I know that the builder, Steven Woodcock, wanted to take it home with him!
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be that many original Terrahawks models around even though loads were made for the production.... I think the most repeated question asked on the day was 'do I know whos got the models? Sadly the answers no I don't....
Old 14th October 2013, 07:30 PM
Battery Boy

Smile Trollies we are!

Quote:
We'll keep on fighting...till the end
I agree with my fellow Team Member that it was a great day all round. So glad that you encouraged the other team members to join us as we certainly had a star amongst us! My cube remains 'boxed up' until I can get a zeroid to cover me! I too won a raffle prize of a print that I will get framed asap. My best evening out this year!

Fanderson really know how to put on a great day and this ranks right up there. Shame that there were'nt more there too to share in the fun. Nick and the rest of the committee do a sterling job and in their spare time (if they have any)too.

I agree with the darkened room comments but the interviewees seemed to be having such great fun that they kept me awake and entertained. Well done Ian for all the interviewing too. Wow, you know your stuff!

I hope to see loads of you in April although after attending most gatherings since 1999 it will be a hard act to follow!

My first ever Forum Post anywhere. I will be using a mobile phone next!
Old 15th October 2013, 09:35 PM
Dreisenberg Agent

Many Thanks to Nick, Ian and the rest of the Fanderson Committee for a wonderful day. Thanks to the guests who are immensely talented and very modest. Lovely to see old friends again. Having trouble with the website so not sure if this message will get through.
Old 16th October 2013, 05:44 PM
Dreisenberg Agent

Thanks to everyone who came along to Expect The Unexpected, and who have since posted such lovely reviews!

Although we knew that ETU wouldn't be a huge event with hundreds of delegates, none of us expected to have so many surprise guests wanting to be part of it, or for it to have such a wonderful reunion/family feeling.
Old 18th October 2013, 06:35 PM
SID

Smile

Many thanks to everyone concerned for a great day. The whole event was very enjoyable, but I think it's worth mentioning the quiz in particular, as everyone I spoke to seemed to have the opinion that it was far more fun than the evening disco in past conventions. I admit as a bit of an oldie, I've usually bobbed my head in the door for a while, just to take a few pictures of the different costumes and then like many others, spent the rest of the evening chatting in the bar. In contrast, the quiz was a great atmosphere and good fun for everyone (guests included) to join in with. I'm sure a similar quiz, contest etc. would be popular at future events. The same goes for the Holiday Inn at Maidenhead as a venue as well.

I've posted some pictures on Flickr and hopefully should have some videos posted soon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn_...7636685979306/

Thanks again.
Old 19th October 2013, 12:16 AM
General Strond

Default Nice pics

Lovely pics
I assume taken with a camera rather than a phone
Old 20th October 2013, 06:02 PM
SID

Quote:
Lovely pics
I assume taken with a camera rather than a phone
Thanks.

The pictures are from a camcorder, which is handy for screen captures if there isn't time to set up still pictures specifically. I'll post a mention here when the videos are online (all being well).
Old 30th October 2013, 11:41 AM
Zarin

Smile

Here are some pics from Expect the Unexpected. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Oct 007.jpg   Oct 009.jpg   Oct 012.jpg  

Last edited by jmessy007; 6th October 2016 at 01:27 PM.
Old 30th October 2013, 05:29 PM
Mario Coletti

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmessy007 View Post
Here are some pics from Expect the Unexpected. Enjoy! ;D
Great pics, Jack - thanks for sharing. I hope you had a great day.