Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Harlington Straker Studios > Exposed

Notices

Old 23rd November 2010, 11:13 PM
Zeroid

Default UFO/Space: 1999 DVDs

Okay, so I've decide to plug a couple holes and get ahold of UFO and Space: 1999 on DVD, preferably in complete box sets. Normal DVD, not Blu-Ray. However, a few minutes spent poking around has brought up several different box sets released at different times.

So I'm wondering - what's the best versions of each to get?
Old 23rd November 2010, 11:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kern View Post
Okay, so I've decide to plug a couple holes and get ahold of UFO and Space: 1999 on DVD, preferably in complete box sets. Normal DVD, not Blu-Ray. However, a few minutes spent poking around has brought up several different box sets released at different times.

So I'm wondering - what's the best versions of each to get?

The best version of UFO is the Australian release which has more commentaries than other sets and it also has the Fanderson documentary on it.

The George Sewell commentary is not on any other releases.
If its unavailable , too expensive or you're not bothered about extras the 2 UK sets from Carlton are also very good although I've seen the prices of these go up and down more times than a whores draws.

For Space 1999 you should get the Network set.
If you really don't want the best version which is Bluray then their dvd set is the one to get
Old 20th July 2017, 07:53 PM
Lazoon

All these years later and I can still confirm that the Network release of series one of Space 1999 on DVD is superb!
JB