Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB Magazine

Notices

Old 5th April 2015, 11:22 AM
Protector

Got to agree with MLP*, It has got fans talking about it (both good and bad) personally thought it was great and I have watched it twice, one with happy fanboy googles on (and I loved nearly every second of it) and then a couple of hours later with my academic film/tv critic head on and yes it has a little way to go before it is even in the same ball park as the original but its off to a good start and if they can keep up the good action stories, the good mix of humour and great music I would be happy to have it next to my blu-rays of Thunderbirds
Old 6th April 2015, 08:06 PM
Banned

Please make FAB 80 available on back issues so I can buy it. My renewal went in late but I don't want to wait 4 months to get issue 80 ( although if there's more than a few pages on Thunderbirds are Go there's no rush).
Old 7th April 2015, 06:31 AM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
Please make FAB 80 available on back issues so I can buy it. My renewal went in late but I don't want to wait 4 months to get issue 80 ( although if there's more than a few pages on Thunderbirds are Go there's no rush).
You can now order FAB80 from the back issues page. It is not actually listed in the text but does appear in the drop down for FAB70 onwards - so you can order it.

http://www.fanderson.org.uk/fansales/fansale4.html#FAB
Old 7th April 2015, 07:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Eaton View Post
You can now order FAB80 from the back issues page. It is not actually listed in the text but does appear in the drop down for FAB70 onwards - so you can order it.

Thanks very much.
No chance of adding the Thunderbirds Closeup book to it is there as I have renewed - albeit a bit late

Edit - no issue 80 in the drop down box here
Old 7th April 2015, 08:04 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir-hamster View Post
Got to agree with MLP*, It has got fans talking about it (both good and bad) personally thought it was great and I have watched it twice, one with happy fanboy googles on (and I loved nearly every second of it) and then a couple of hours later with my academic film/tv critic head on and yes it has a little way to go before it is even in the same ball park as the original but its off to a good start and if they can keep up the good action stories, the good mix of humour and great music I would be happy to have it next to my blu-rays of Thunderbirds
I'd expect nothing less than a full episode guide for the first 13 episodes, which would make my month, if the first 2 are anything to go by

Thunderbirds Are Go! - Comin' To The Rescue
https://youtu.be/P1C5JE8MZi4
Old 8th April 2015, 06:14 AM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Edit - no issue 80 in the drop down box here
Refresh your browser F5 and then it should be there - move down the list if you can only see to FAB79.

Old 8th April 2015, 10:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Eaton View Post
Refresh your browser F5 and then it should be there - move down the list if you can only see to FAB79.

I already tried that and I can't see issue 80 on the Europe or RW list either..
I'm using Chrome. I'll try on Firefox.

Edit - works on Firefox.

I have to ask : Fab 80 has just cost me 6. For my sub I paid 29 for 3 issues. The 11 extra isn't really covered by the renewal gift (although the current one sounds better than usual).
So I'm paying quite a bit on top for having the privelege of buying other club items?

Last edited by phelings; 8th April 2015 at 10:30 PM.
Old 9th April 2015, 01:29 PM
Dreisenberg Agent

Quote:
So I'm paying quite a bit on top for having the privelege of buying other club items?
No, you're paying a bit on top for things like:
  • the PO Box (which we need as a 'first contact' address)
  • postage (between committee members, to other members, to licensees etc)
  • bank charges (when cheques bounce (which they sometimes do!))
  • PayPal charges (when paying for things online)
  • ePDQ charges (when people pay by card but prefer to do it on a paper form (more expensive than if it were all PayPal))
  • insurance
  • travel (to committee meetings as well as those with suppliers, licensees etc (although most committee members don't claim for travel conducted in the course of their duties - even when it's from one end of the country to the other))
  • committee meetings (when we have to hire premises (as opposed to having meetings in our homes), pay for refreshments or facilities)
  • advertising
  • royalties/licences (there are times when we pay owners or artists to use their work in what we do)
  • computers, software and consumables (including website hosting, this Forum etc)
  • storage (for Fanderson Sales stock, the club archive etc)
  • membership badge
  • membership gift (this year's is the Thunderbirds Close Up book)

I'm sure there's more, but that's just what popped into my head during my lunch break. We'll be happy to discuss it all at next year's AGM!

Nick

Last edited by Nick Williams; 9th April 2015 at 01:36 PM.
Old 9th April 2015, 02:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Williams View Post
No, you're paying a bit on top for things like:
  • the PO Box (which we need as a 'first contact' address)
  • postage (between committee members, to other members, to licensees etc)
  • bank charges (when cheques bounce (which they sometimes do!))
  • PayPal charges (when paying for things online)
  • ePDQ charges (when people pay by card but prefer to do it on a paper form (more expensive than if it were all PayPal))
  • insurance
  • travel (to committee meetings as well as those with suppliers, licensees etc (although most committee members don't claim for travel conducted in the course of their duties - even when it's from one end of the country to the other))
  • committee meetings (when we have to hire premises (as opposed to having meetings in our homes), pay for refreshments or facilities)
  • advertising
  • royalties/licences (there are times when we pay owners or artists to use their work in what we do)
  • computers, software and consumables (including website hosting, this Forum etc)
  • storage (for Fanderson Sales stock, the club archive etc)
  • membership badge
  • membership gift (this year's is the Thunderbirds Close Up book)

I'm sure there's more, but that's just what popped into my head during my lunch break. We'll be happy to discuss it all at next year's AGM!

Nick
Thanks for that list.
Please don't take my query as any kind of dissatisfaction but having purchased the back issue by itself ( first time I've done that) it seemed like it would be silly not to ask the obvious question.

Didn't the lack of interest in this years AGM not indicate they are a waste of club funds - however small?

Keep up the good work
Old 9th April 2015, 03:32 PM
Dreisenberg Agent

Quote:
Didn't the lack of interest in this years AGM not indicate they are a waste of club funds - however small?
Keep up the good work
It might have done, if we didn't also get the comment that we ought to have explained the process clearer than putting it in FAB. So we'll try again in 2016 (and again offer the option to vote online too, of course) as there clearly was interest from some members for a physical AGM.

Nick