Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Ebay The Unexpected

Notices

Old 1st September 2016, 05:45 PM
Zarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
Big Rat seems to have started a trend as another chancer is selling the Dinky toys guidebook for 100
most of the stuff they sell is junk by the look of it .
Old 1st September 2016, 08:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by big rat View Post
I'm going to take them off if they don't sell this time ive got a loan from the family to tide me over so I'm kind of ok now fab .
Sounds like you're a bit like me when it comes to selling prized possessions.
You don't really want to sell them but if you can get an unusually high price then its worth the sacrifice.
But a couple of years down the road you mourn the gap in the collection when the item has become unobtainable
Old 20th September 2016, 08:22 PM
Banned

Wow. The UFO Closeup book sold for 55!!!!!!!! Congrats on that. Non UK surely?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/gerry-ande...p2047675.l2557

Although having failed to sell the Thunderbirds one for 45 it seems strange to relist it at 50.
Also it's not a good idea to say last chance to buy and mention in the listing that you won't list it again and then do so as buyers can see from your completed listings that this is the 3rd "last chance to buy".

Having listed the 4 Guidebooks for 150 and then 100 they finally sold for 40 which is a bit low in my opinion.
Won't it cost nearly that to replace them?

Last edited by phelings; 20th September 2016 at 08:28 PM.
Old 7th November 2016, 12:06 AM
Zarin

"I'm keeping the rest of my stuff as I won my case and they back paid the money they owed me I'm going to buy back some of the things I sold Anderson or fanderson wise the cds I hve on ive got ie new space 1999 set so I don't need them same as the fireball xl5 super car one I'm having a clear out can you cast your eye over the doctor who items I have on and see what you think thanks.'
Old 7th November 2016, 09:22 AM
Zeroid

Default Selling Fanderson items

Well just wishing to say 'BuntyBooks' has been on eBay for a considerable number of years. He (yes he) goes under several eBay names, but lives in the UK and has attended all Fanderson conventions that I know of. If anyone wishes to know his name just email me.

Best tv21
Old 7th November 2016, 02:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
"I'm keeping the rest of my stuff as I won my case and they back paid the money they owed me I'm going to buy back some of the things I sold Anderson or fanderson wise the cds I hve on ive got ie new space 1999 set so I don't need them same as the fireball xl5 super car one I'm having a clear out can you cast your eye over the doctor who items I have on and see what you think thanks.'
I would expect the 1999 cd's to sell even though they're not the Fanderson ones. I've seen the Silva Screen Year One listed on its own around that price.
Although I like classic Dr Who I don't generally collect beyond the discs so the memorabilia is a mystery to me.

I still think the 5 Century 21 books are over priced because its still quite easy to get some of them brand new for a reasonable price.
Old 23rd November 2016, 05:20 PM
Butler

`Secondly, I don't think anyone would begrudge the items being sold at a fair price, nor would they mind if the item was out of print.
The bottom line is they're being sold for 300% of the original price and once they're sold there's nothing to stop you buying more and doing the same again.`

wow, I only just came across this thread.
I may be on my own here, but I don`t know why you guys are attacking `bigrat`!!
buying and selling is what makes the world go round, everyone`s after a little profit and it dos`nt make any difference it`s 5% or 300%.
if I buy a car today for 5000 and sell it tomorrow to someone for 10,000, you can`t attack me for that!
everything we sell in life, be it collectables or anything else. everything is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it and if bigrat sells one of those items for 300% profit, then I tip my hat to the guy and more fool the person who pay`s that I say.
there isn't one person on this forum who wouldn't like to sell something at 300% profit and your a liar if you say different!
Old 23rd November 2016, 09:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.A.B-MARK View Post
`Secondly, I don't think anyone would begrudge the items being sold at a fair price, nor would they mind if the item was out of print.
The bottom line is they're being sold for 300% of the original price and once they're sold there's nothing to stop you buying more and doing the same again.`

wow, I only just came across this thread.
I may be on my own here, but I don`t know why you guys are attacking `bigrat`!!
buying and selling is what makes the world go round, everyone`s after a little profit and it dos`nt make any difference it`s 5% or 300%.
if I buy a car today for 5000 and sell it tomorrow to someone for 10,000, you can`t attack me for that!
everything we sell in life, be it collectables or anything else. everything is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it and if bigrat sells one of those items for 300% profit, then I tip my hat to the guy and more fool the person who pay`s that I say.
there isn't one person on this forum who wouldn't like to sell something at 300% profit and your a liar if you say different!
It's very simple. Selling Fanderson merchandise while it's still available from the club breaks club rules because it goes against the licencing arrangements the club has with ITV. It's not just bloody mindedness it's a real issue. If it was done on a regular basis it would jeopardise Fandersons deal with ITV which lets them have access to materials that commercial operators would have to pay a fortune for. It is for this reason that rules clearly state that anyone found doing so would be kicked out of the club with no refund. It's not taken lightly.
Obviously any one of us could have bought multiple copies of all the cd soundtracks and books and sold them for a vast profit and still could. As an example, I sold the original 1999 Year One soundtrack that Fanderson released years ago for around 80 a while back after I'd bought the new one.
Perhaps read all the posts before commenting as they explain the situation

I assume what appeared like the sheer cheek of the seller and the originally exorbitant prices is what prompted the club Chairman to start the thread

Last edited by phelings; 24th November 2016 at 11:24 PM.
Old 29th November 2016, 12:19 AM
Zarin

"theres a ufo close up book on e bay not mine
Old 29th November 2016, 09:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
"theres a ufo close up book on e bay not mine
We can tell its not yours . It was a realistic price

It only went for 16.50. At that price I'd keep it

Sallyann from South Woodford has a stash of older merchandise and most of it seems priced quite reasonably