Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Ebay The Unexpected

Notices

Old 24th August 2016, 02:22 PM
Dreisenberg Agent

As per the Ts & Cs on every Fanderson Sales leaflet:
The resale of current Fanderson merchandise for profit is prohibited in our licensing agreements. Any member abusing the spirit of the society in this manner may be expelled from the club without refund and subject to prosecution.

As many of us know, whilst the great many club members understand and respect this, there's a very small minority who just want to make money and don't care how they do it. We have been quite successful in getting people to remove their Ebay listing and YouTube postings over the years simply by appealing to their better nature. Of course, some people don't have a better nature.

Personally, I'm saddened to read that 'big rat's health is so poor and finances so precarious that he/she needs to make a few pounds from selling things that have (presumably) been the result of an interest in Gerry and Sylvia's work. With this in mind I don't think expulsion is necessary as he/she obviously won't be able to renew their membership when the time comes.

Nick
Old 25th August 2016, 08:28 PM
Zarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Williams View Post
As per the Ts & Cs on every Fanderson Sales leaflet:
The resale of current Fanderson merchandise for profit is prohibited in our licensing agreements. Any member abusing the spirit of the society in this manner may be expelled from the club without refund and subject to prosecution.

As many of us know, whilst the great many club members understand and respect this, there's a very small minority who just want to make money and don't care how they do it. We have been quite successful in getting people to remove their Ebay listing and YouTube postings over the years simply by appealing to their better nature. Of course, some people don't have a better nature.

Personally, I'm saddened to read that 'big rat's health is so poor and finances so precarious that he/she needs to make a few pounds from selling things that have (presumably) been the result of an interest in Gerry and Sylvia's work. With this in mind I don't think expulsion is necessary as he/she obviously won't be able to renew their membership when the time comes.

Nick
well if its any ones business the government stopped my esa benefit wich I get for being disabled I had to go for a medical for pip wich if I get willput me back on my feet again so to speak don't get me wrong I love fanderson been a member donkeys years since 92 in fact I'm only selling to help out at home pay my share of bills etc I wil come back if you will have me back I didn't know what else to do .
Old 25th August 2016, 08:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by big rat View Post
well if its any ones business the government stopped my esa benefit wich I get for being disabled I had to go for a medical for pip wich if I get willput me back on my feet again so to speak don't get me wrong I love fanderson been a member donkeys years since 92 in fact I'm only selling to help out at home pay my share of bills etc I wil come back if you will have me back I didn't know what else to do .
I think people can understand that.
What drew the attention was the sky high price of the items, specially the UFO Closeup book at 120. I don't even have it yet myself and I'm a member.
If you have every issue of FAB why not sell those as a job lot? I think loads of people , myself included would love to see how much an entire run would fetch in an auction. I was close to selling mine once but I eventually backed out because it would leave too large a gap in my Anderson collection.
Old 26th August 2016, 10:33 AM
Dreisenberg Agent

Quote:
I wil come back if you will have me back I didn't know what else to do .
I think we all feel for you, 'big rat' and hope you'll be able to come back to the club soon.

Nick
Old 26th August 2016, 08:28 PM
Banned

Big Rat also has the Century 21 books on offer for 250. I assume they are all hardback. But I can find three in hardback for around 20 and the others in paperback for around a tenner each and the remaining hardbacks for 30 all on Amazon so half the price of the ebay listing and with several brand new that looks like another listing destined to be relisted forever.

Big Rat - do you really want to sell these? If so, I think the prices are unrealistic

Last edited by phelings; 26th August 2016 at 08:32 PM.
Old 27th August 2016, 03:08 AM
Zarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Williams View Post
I think we all feel for you, 'big rat' and hope you'll be able to come back to the club soon.

Nick
thank you my appeal went through so fingers crossed the only reason I'm selling stuff is to pay bills I have to get a sick note from my doctor every 4 weeks to get jsa wich is not a lot to live at the moment but I'm not down thank you nick.
Old 27th August 2016, 03:13 AM
Zarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
Big Rat also has the Century 21 books on offer for 250. I assume they are all hardback. But I can find three in hardback for around 20 and the others in paperback for around a tenner each and the remaining hardbacks for 30 all on Amazon so half the price of the ebay listing and with several brand new that looks like another listing destined to be relisted forever.

Big Rat - do you really want to sell these? If so, I think the prices are unrealistic
I didn't think you could get them any more hence my price I have sold fab magazines in the old days when you could in the magazine no I like me mags good bits of information in them to some one will do that one day but it wont be me sorry I snaped at you I really do like your posts here
Old 27th August 2016, 08:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
I didn't think you could get them any more hence my price I have sold fab magazines in the old days when you could in the magazine no I like me mags good bits of information in them to some one will do that one day but it wont be me sorry I snaped at you I really do like your posts here
No worries.
There are people who pay high prices for things simply because they are unaware of their true value but most are quite savvy these days and will usually check at least Amazon and Ebay to get a feel for the prices.
You might sell them at your original price but I assumed you were looking for a quick sale in which case prices a bit closer to the Amazon ones might get them sold.
Old 29th August 2016, 09:45 PM
Banned

Big Rat seems to have started a trend as another chancer is selling the Dinky toys guidebook for 100
Old 1st September 2016, 05:25 PM
Zarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
No worries.
There are people who pay high prices for things simply because they are unaware of their true value but most are quite savvy these days and will usually check at least Amazon and Ebay to get a feel for the prices.
You might sell them at your original price but I assumed you were looking for a quick sale in which case prices a bit closer to the Amazon ones might get them sold.
I'm going to take them off if they don't sell this time ive got a loan from the family to tide me over so I'm kind of ok now fab .