Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Ebay The Unexpected

Notices

Old 19th April 2017, 06:15 PM
Too Tall Tim Johnson

Default Captain Scarlet VHS

Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of posts here. Was moving homes.

While moving homes I found a Captain Scarlet video from 2001. It's volume 3. I don't have the complete set as when my Grandparents died, the others were thrown out by a family member while clearing out their house.

It's a long shot, but it's on my eBay if anyone is interested or still owns a video along with a few other Gerry Anderson bits & pieces.

Cheers

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262936763507
Old 19th April 2017, 08:12 PM
Paradox Pilot

To be honest I think 11.30 is a bit high for most people. If it was one of the earlier C5 tapes or even better the original Precision tapes then I think it would be a good nostalgia sale but the one you have listed is (in VHS terms) quite recent.
Nevertheless an interesting find.

Last edited by theinspector; 19th April 2017 at 08:15 PM.
Old 19th April 2017, 08:40 PM
Spacehawk

Nobody buys VHS these days.

I doubt you'd even be able to give it away...
Old 19th April 2017, 09:19 PM
Paradox Pilot

The C5 releases had some nice artwork on the covers.
Those along with the other Anderson VHS release covers would make a nice Fanderson "Close Up" book subject
Old 20th April 2017, 10:18 AM
Too Tall Tim Johnson

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinspector View Post
The C5 releases had some nice artwork on the covers.
Those along with the other Anderson VHS release covers would make a nice Fanderson "Close Up" book subject

Sorry, eBay recommend the pricing range & I just put it at the cheapest along with postage.
Old 20th April 2017, 07:17 PM
Paradox Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil_Tracy View Post
Sorry, eBay recommend the pricing range & I just put it at the cheapest along with postage.
What difference does that make?
Ebay always recommend me to reduce the price of items I am relisting despite the fact I might have sold 20 units during the time of the listing.

You can list the item for whatever price you want.
The best way is to check the completed listings and see what prices any recent sales of similar items went for.
If a VHS of that vintage sold for more than fiver I'll eat my hat. I don't have one but I'll buy one specially for the occasion

Current listings include an original Precision tape with a nice cover at 6.99 no bids. Someone else has 5 VHS tapes including a Scarlet of the same vintage as yours with the whole lot offered for 10 , Scarlet Volume 2 for 2.49 etc.

Completed listings include 8 volumes for 20 unsold, a Scarlet VHS for 50p unsold.
Sold listings include one tape of the same vintage as yours for 5 but that is an exception. The entire series went for 2.70 although someone did manage to sell a complete run of the show from the C5 videos for 49.99.

You've got no chance at your current price

Last edited by theinspector; 20th April 2017 at 07:25 PM.