Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Harlington Straker Studios > Tunes of Danger

Notices

Old 20th July 2011, 07:18 PM
Mexican Bandit

Default Journey To The Far Side Of The Sun: Recordings Lost?

As most readers here would agree, Barry Gray excelled with his scores for Gerry Anderson productions.

Many would love to see a Fanderson-produced full score released for this outstanding work.

I have read other film score sites which suggest that a release of the full score to JTTFSOTS / Doppelganger is not possible, due to the non-availability of Barry Gray's master tapes. Is this the case?
Old 20th July 2011, 09:37 PM
Zarin

Send a message via MSN to Ralph Titterton
Default Music from Doppelganger

Hi Guys,

Derek has told me about this question and has invited me to reply. There are music tracks available from this film in the archive, plus I have gathered other material from a variety of sources (there have been various bootlegs over the years!).

All this needs re-mastering, and balancing of the sound. At a guess I think we have around 30 minutes of good material, but until we have the opportunity to put this all together that is only a rough estimate.

Tim Mallett and I are currently in discussion with a company exploring the possibility of a release, but it is far too early to say whether we will reach an agreement to do this CD. If we do, it will be announced here.

On a related point, I do have the full orchestral master music manuscript. Wouldn't it be nice if an orchestra wanted to do a whole new recording of this score.....

I'm open to suggestions.......!!

Ralph
Old 21st July 2011, 12:49 AM
Spacehawk

Is there no chance that Universal have copies of the original tapes (or indeed the master tapes themselves?)

Surely one of the problems all along is that Universal have - until recently - been unwilling to licence stuff out or give access to it's vaults. This situation is now changing, so - if indeed they have anything left or had anything of Doppelganger in the first place - is this not an avenue to explore?

To be honest it's not one of my favourite Barry Gray scores (magnificent main theme though) but there are a lot of people who love it, and it would be great for them!
Old 7th August 2011, 08:54 AM
Mexican Bandit

Default A possibility for a soundtrack release could be through...

One of the best companies for soundtrack releases: Intrada. (www.intrada.com)

They have just commenced releasing titles after announcing a major commercial agreement with Disney. They also have solid connections to the vaults of Paramount and Universal... which happens to be the company that released JTTFSOTS / Doppelganger.

I'm wondering if Intrada may be our answer for a long overdue release Ralph?
Old 10th August 2011, 10:53 AM
Squealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidOrange View Post
I'm wondering if Intrada may be our answer for a long overdue release Ralph?
I was thinking along the same lines.

I wonder if Universal do indeed have this in their vaults...Intrada have managed to release some very obscure items recently.
Old 10th August 2011, 01:40 PM
Zarin

Send a message via MSN to Ralph Titterton
Default Thanks for the info

Thank you for the info guys, I will certainly consider it. Tim and I are currently working on one project, and waiting to hear if a second will get the green light. Once I know about that, I can think about the best time to make an approach.

...and yes, we will annouce what we're up to as and when we can

Ralph.
Old 2nd November 2012, 07:45 PM
Alien

check out barry Gray Samples website and scroll down,clickon and crank up the volume, four tracks from JTTFSTOS/D.
That's a start Ralph...
Old 2nd November 2012, 07:51 PM
Alien

It's under marc martin's UFO Home Page website with all my UFO 2 1/4s in the photo galleries, btw, lower right hand list under barry gray music sampler...Proceed Condition!!!!!!
Old 18th July 2018, 12:07 PM
Zarin

Default CD from Fanderson

Meanwhile on July 1st 2018 Fanderson could finally release the entire Doppelganger soundtrack.
The CD contains the sountrack twice: stereo masters and the mono mixdown as used in the film (omitting some tracks from the masters)