Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Runway 29

Notices

Old 28th June 2018, 03:36 AM
Mexican Bandit

Default Where did thr Stingray OST Go?

Hi,
Just wondering what happened to the Stingray OST that was once available for sale.
Thanks,
Old 28th June 2018, 07:43 AM
General Strond

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7malligk View Post
Hi,
Just wondering what happened to the Stingray OST that was once available for sale.
Thanks,
I presume it's sold out but stick my name down if ever there's a reissue!
Old 28th June 2018, 04:04 PM
Butler

Same. Very much so.
Old 28th June 2018, 08:38 PM
Banned

Like all Fanderson soundtracks Stingray was a Limited Edition but you don't get any warnings about stock running low so as I advised someone the other day , he who hesitates....

I think the Stingray soundtrack went OOP quite a long time ago.
Maybe in 5 years Fanderson will give us an expanded 60th anniversary reissue to go alongside a Network Bluray release
Old 28th June 2018, 09:29 PM
General Strond

It certainly hasn't been available while I've been a member.

Perhaps they could consider re-releasing them in vinyl format...
Old 28th June 2018, 11:07 PM
Agent Blake

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinspector View Post
Like all Fanderson soundtracks Stingray was a Limited Edition but you don't get any warnings about stock running low so as I advised someone the other day , he who hesitates....

I think the Stingray soundtrack went OOP quite a long time ago.
Maybe in 5 years Fanderson will give us an expanded 60th anniversary reissue to go alongside a Network Bluray release
Is there anything missing from the current Stingray soundtrack? Having the music episode by episode like the more recent soundtracks for a 60th anniversary version would be a nice touch. Getting the Stingray soundtrack (and the others) is one of the main reasons why I joined Fanderson so I'm glad I got it before they were gone! Shame I missed the UFO one.
Old 29th June 2018, 04:16 PM
Butler

This isn't a whinge, just a couple of genuine questions...

I appreciate Fanderson 'is a non for profit organisation staffed by volunteers' and as I type this it's probably to do with some deal with the licensing of the music, but have they ever considered releasing the albums digitally?
Surely it wouldn't be impossible to get some flac masters or at least 320kbps rips from the CD's themselves.

Further, and this may have been covered before, could they also open up to non-Fanderson members (with an appropriate price mark-up for not being a member.
Old 29th June 2018, 09:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by watanabe View Post
This isn't a whinge, just a couple of genuine questions...

I appreciate Fanderson 'is a non for profit organisation staffed by volunteers' and as I type this it's probably to do with some deal with the licensing of the music, but have they ever considered releasing the albums digitally?
Surely it wouldn't be impossible to get some flac masters or at least 320kbps rips from the CD's themselves.

Further, and this may have been covered before, could they also open up to non-Fanderson members (with an appropriate price mark-up for not being a member.
You got it in one.
As Fanderson is a non profit organisation this allows them to licence material from ITV at non commercial rates. Whether that's lower or completely free of charge I don't know but the conditions are that merchandise is only made available to members.
If you attend conventions I believe they offer up some kind of temporary membership that allows people to buy the merchandise on the day.
For the same reasons FAB back issues are not available to download the chances of the music being available that way I would say are very slim as it makes it too easy to pirate.
Old 29th June 2018, 09:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cham-cham View Post
Is there anything missing from the current Stingray soundtrack? Having the music episode by episode like the more recent soundtracks for a 60th anniversary version would be a nice touch. Getting the Stingray soundtrack (and the others) is one of the main reasons why I joined Fanderson so I'm glad I got it before they were gone! Shame I missed the UFO one.
I'm not the biggest fan of Stingray so the main reason I got it was because I knew that a lot of the music was reused in later series up to and including 1999 IIRC.
I'm not familiar enough with the show itself to know if anything is missing but there isn't usually unless the master tapes are lost or beyond repair.
Details about this type of thing are usually in the booklet.

UFO has been issued twice by Fanderson so if you don't mind paying over the odds you should be able to pick one up on ebay although I think the last one went for 3 figures
Old 30th June 2018, 12:29 PM
Squealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cham-cham View Post
There was a considerable amount not on the Stingray soundtrack, but it was an excellent and long-overdue release. Would be nice to get an expanded score out in the not-too-distant future to fit in nicely with the recent expanded scores for other shows.

Maybe next year we could have a 50th Anniversary release of UFO to tie in with production commencing on the series? I hope that one day the complete multi-track masters for Identified and The Long Sleep will be discovered.