Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Runway 29

Notices

Old 31st January 2018, 06:24 PM
Terrahawk

Default Super Moon!

Well, we've got a nice clear sky here in this part of the UK and the full moon is up. Doesn't look too spectacular or 'different' at the moment. Just tried to take a couple of pictures of it (with the flash off) but the moon looks more like a huge explosion in the sky rather than a natural satellite! In an alternate reality, that's what it would have looked like on September 13th, 1999. Probably.

Oh well, just have to be patient I suppose. I can sense a long night sitting in the conservatory, watching Space: 1999...
Old 31st January 2018, 09:59 PM
Squealer

This from just attaching the camera to the telescope. Sometimes the moon is just a bit too large to get it all, but this time it just made it. Obviously had to reduce the image massively to post here.

Keith
Attached Thumbnails
Moon 306 31 January 2018small.jpg  
Old 31st January 2018, 10:39 PM
Terrahawk

Very good.

Still looks good up there, but hasn't turned red yet! Doesn't look much bigger either. Oh well.

Just felt the need to watch 'Breakaway'. An absolute classic! Never get tired of watching it as it's a visual masterpiece. Should have been a film.

Right, gonna have another look up at the real thing. Maybe if I lived in Australia I'd have had better luck... it would be a bit warmer too!!!
Old 31st January 2018, 11:15 PM
Squealer

You really won't see it much bigger with the naked eye. And it only turns red at total lunar eclipse and only the US is getting an eclipse.

Keith