Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Runway 29

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 25th June 2018, 11:12 AM
Aquaphibian

I see SLR's policy of making sure the internet is full of only praise for him is alive and well.

For the benefit of any future readers - I contributed to the Thunderbirds 1965 project on Kickstarter in Summer 2015. The 'special thanks' page did not contain my name (which was authored in early 2016). In late Spring 2016, after backers had started to receive their rewards, I was refunded, even though stock was still being sold (and indeed has continued to be sold until this year). I had not requested a refund, I had merely enquired as to when we could expect a status update.

The Thunderbirds 1965 project, fronted by Stephen La Riviere, took my money, decided at some point prior to the point the menus were authored they would not honour my backer reward and then several months later refunded me despite having my reward in stock. I had not requested any such refund and no reason was given to me.

I backed the project in good faith.

This is all 100% accurate and I would have no issue repeating this in court of law.

I understand my situation is not unique.
Old 25th June 2018, 02:37 PM
Aquaphibian

Unfortunately nothing exists of the previous "SLR needs more money" thread, but from memory, Eaglebird, all you did was directly quote somebody else. You made no commentary of your own.

Is that accurate?
Old 25th June 2018, 06:27 PM
House Keeper Culver Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglebird View Post
To clarify, I am mentioned in there and some stuff is incorrect. I do not run any page called Thunderbirds Wikia. Andy may be referring to Thunderbirds Wiki - a wiki about Thunderbirds that I do not currently run in any way, shape, or form.
I also wish to clarify that the "private conversation" Andy mentions in the paragraph below "Hi Stephen," was not made over a year ago. In fact, it was made on the 30th of July last year (under 12 months ago).
Old 25th June 2018, 08:12 PM
Banned

And it would still make sense to answer my question as to whether the comment about not being paid was made by the guy himself or was it hearsay or a misunderstood comment.
Without some kind of background info the retraction itself is pointless
Old 1st August 2018, 05:36 PM
House Keeper Culver Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinspector View Post
And it would still make sense to answer my question as to whether the comment about not being paid was made by the guy himself or was it hearsay or a misunderstood comment.
Without some kind of background info the retraction itself is pointless
Regardless of what has happened, I don't know why Andy Rolfe would tell lies (in relation to his work) to somebody he has never met in real life. If I was talking to somebody who I don't personally know, I would be extremely careful in terms of what information I disclose to them.

This doesn't add up....
Old 1st August 2018, 05:52 PM
House Keeper Culver Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillPS View Post
Unfortunately nothing exists of the previous "SLR needs more money" thread, but from memory, Eaglebird, all you did was directly quote somebody else. You made no commentary of your own.

Is that accurate?
I didn't directly quote anyone as such. It would be more accurate to say that I paraphrased somebody.
Old 2nd August 2018, 12:52 PM
Aquaphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglebird View Post
Regardless of what has happened, I don't know why Andy Rolfe would tell lies (in relation to his work) to somebody he has never met in real life. If I was talking to somebody who I don't personally know, I would be extremely careful in terms of what information I disclose to them.

This doesn't add up....
Stephen La Riviere's policy of having all criticism removed, regardless of validity. (Although I would add it appears at the very least Rolfe embellished this tale.)
Old 2nd August 2018, 08:22 PM
House Keeper Culver Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillPS View Post
Stephen La Riviere's policy of having all criticism removed, regardless of validity. (Although I would add it appears at the very least Rolfe embellished this tale.)
Andy didn't give any examples of comments in his apology letter, and he has yet to point out any specific comments to me. Which comments are incorrect? - that's what I want to know.
Old 2nd August 2018, 09:12 PM
Banned

To be fair anyone who followed the TB65 campaign from day one and saw how it was run would be more than entitled to think of SLR as a lying git.

"Pledging now is the ONLY way to see these episodes".

I guess the bit that said:

Actually after the campaign has ended and we have all your funds because you've paid based on what I've said about availability you will actually be able to buy them as part of Backerkit, or even twice more via Weebly and that will be before the discs even reach genuine punters. We'll make sure we press hundreds extra so that they'll be available from "generous fans" willing to lose money selling them at cost price on ebay and Amazon. On top of all that we encourage you to pay for multiple copies but don't put them on ebay because if you do we shall screw your scalping by offering cost price discs ourselves ...sorry I mean from generous fans and all before many people actually get theirs. And anybody who dares to criticise the campaign in any way will get a refund, but not for months until we get some interest on it

was missed out on the original PR by accident.

I'm guessing all the relevant TB65 threads taken off in fear by the Fanderson committee are all still around somewhere in the ether so every bit of this can be proven and keep the SLR lawyers at bay.

Yes I know the resulting episodes were excellent and the discs are great but that changes none of the above

Last edited by theinspector; 2nd August 2018 at 09:28 PM.
Old 2nd August 2018, 09:40 PM
House Keeper Culver Bay

Apparently Andy needs to send me "documentation" but I am not giving him my address. He said he needs signed documentation from me saying I will not do "this" (I guessing he’s referring to me making certain contents of the private conversation public) again.

Last edited by Eaglebird; 2nd August 2018 at 09:44 PM.
Closed Thread