Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Runway 29

Notices

Old 24th June 2018, 08:34 PM
Cloudbase Doctor

Default Andy Rolfe retraction to Stephen La Rivière please keep on site for 60days

Andy Rolfe is not a member of this site but has been told to post this message by Stephen La Rivière and it needs to stay up for 60days as part of the retraction agreement.
Attached Images

Last edited by glo thorogood; 24th June 2018 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Image not visible
Old 24th June 2018, 09:05 PM
Spacehawk

Hi Glo, image not visible at the moment. I assume it's this one?

Thunderbirds Are Go! - Comin' To The Rescue
https://youtu.be/P1C5JE8MZi4

Last edited by Hiram K Hackenbacker; 24th June 2018 at 10:57 PM.
Old 24th June 2018, 11:14 PM
Mexican Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram K Hackenbacker View Post
Hi Glo, image not visible at the moment. I assume it's this one?

To clarify, I am mentioned in there and some stuff is incorrect. I do not run any page called Thunderbirds Wikia. Andy may be referring to Thunderbirds Wiki - a wiki about Thunderbirds that I do not currently run in any way, shape, or form.
Old 24th June 2018, 11:18 PM
Aquaphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglebird View Post
To clarify, I am mentioned in there and some stuff is incorrect. I do not run any page called Thunderbirds Wikia. Andy may be referring to Thunderbirds Wiki - a wiki about Thunderbirds that I do not currently run in any way, shape, or form.
Yes I remember this appearing some time ago.
For clarification was the comment on here about you not being paid fabricated or was it a misunderstanding of something you did post?
Old 25th June 2018, 03:21 AM
Paradox Pilot

I wish to clarify - the Thunderbirds Wiki is what is referred to in this document and they are in no way whatsoever involved in this.

Eaglebird/Ashley400/SniperKing1/"John Smith" has a troubled past with the wiki and was blocked indefinitely late last year. We are no longer associated with or affiliated with him in any form.

The wiki is not run by any individual but rather a collection of them. Any legal issues should be raised with the parent company Fandom/Wikia Inc.. Just because someone from the Wiki is involved does not mean that the Wiki itself is involved.

It is a great shame for the wiki to have been involved in this but it is what it is. It saddens me to see that Stephen has had to resort to legal action for whatever reason. I hope that all parties involved work out their differences over this bitter and pretty stupid argument. We all have one thing in common and that is our shared passion for the works of Gerry Anderson over the years.

Admin on the Thunderbirds Wiki.

Last edited by guyus24; 27th June 2018 at 07:48 AM.
Old 25th June 2018, 06:55 AM
Cloudbase Doctor

Default Picture upload failed but someone knew how to do it.

I tried my best but failed to upload the letter. However the letter is now there as requested.
Please note:
Andy is NOT a forum member and never has been.
He will not be entering into any discussion with any party herewith.
If you wish to contact him, do so by other direct means.
I am a last resort to ensure the demands of a third party were met.
Old 25th June 2018, 11:12 AM
Aquaphibian

I see SLR's policy of making sure the internet is full of only praise for him is alive and well.

For the benefit of any future readers - I contributed to the Thunderbirds 1965 project on Kickstarter in Summer 2015. The 'special thanks' page did not contain my name (which was authored in early 2016). In late Spring 2016, after backers had started to receive their rewards, I was refunded, even though stock was still being sold (and indeed has continued to be sold until this year). I had not requested a refund, I had merely enquired as to when we could expect a status update.

The Thunderbirds 1965 project, fronted by Stephen La Riviere, took my money, decided at some point prior to the point the menus were authored they would not honour my backer reward and then several months later refunded me despite having my reward in stock. I had not requested any such refund and no reason was given to me.

I backed the project in good faith.

This is all 100% accurate and I would have no issue repeating this in court of law.

I understand my situation is not unique.
Old 25th June 2018, 06:27 PM
Mexican Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglebird View Post
I also wish to clarify that the "private conversation" Andy mentions in the paragraph below "Hi Stephen," was not made over a year ago. In fact, it was made on the 30th of July last year (under 12 months ago).
Old 25th June 2018, 08:12 PM
Aquaphibian

And it would still make sense to answer my question as to whether the comment about not being paid was made by the guy himself or was it hearsay or a misunderstood comment.
Without some kind of background info the retraction itself is pointless