Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Runway 29

Notices

Old 15th June 2018, 09:53 AM
Terrahawk

Yeah, it was badly treated by ITV over both Years.

I watched Space: 1999 on ATV during 1978 and I'm fairly sure some of them were shown on a Sunday afternoon.

YTV remains a bit of a mystery, unless it was a weekday morning during the school holidays? Oh well, such a long time ago now.
Old 15th June 2018, 02:59 PM
House Keeper Culver Bay

Details of Space 1999 Yorkshire air dates can be found here:

http://catacombs.space1999.net/main/pguide/vibyork.html

Looks like it took them about 5 years to show all the episodes twice.

ATV took just 3 years

Hope this helps.
Old 15th June 2018, 04:26 PM
Terrahawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet View Post
Details of Space 1999 Yorkshire air dates can be found here:

http://catacombs.space1999.net/main/pguide/vibyork.html

Looks like it took them about 5 years to show all the episodes twice.

ATV took just 3 years

Hope this helps.

That's brilliant thanks! So it seems that they did show them on weekday mornings, during the summer holidays, but not until 1980! So it won't be that one! And they did show them on Saturday mornings, also in 1980!

But it looks like I must have seen 'The Exiles' on Sunday 23 October 1977 at 3.20 pm. This sort of tallies with my memory and although it doesn't seem quite right for some reason, this must have been it!

Thanks!

P.S. Come to think of it, maybe my memories are getting a bit mixed up and I have a strange scenario in my mind which is an amalgamation of what happened in 1977 and 1980! That could be it...

Last edited by Commander Desica; 15th June 2018 at 04:35 PM.
Old 15th June 2018, 09:48 PM
Banned

Anglia also showed the first half of Year Two during the summer holiday mornngs of 1978 but only on Tuesdays and Thursdays. At the time I was extremely excited as it was almost the only time over the years that Anglia had a better schedule for me than other regions. Until 1973 I had Thames / LWT in addition to Anglia and London was superior in every way.
I managed to get ATV poor quality around 1975 on a 405 line tv but finally got it in 625 in 1978 and 99% of the time ATV schedule was more interesting than Anglia.

Anglia ran most of Year Two on sunday afternoons after a saturday teatime slot failed for the second time as it did with Year One. They repeated the second half of Year Two also on sunday afternoons during 1979 and managed to complete their run just a week or two before the 11 week ITV strike began.

During freak weather I could often get YTV , Tyne Tees and others but over the years I always thought of YTV as being as poor as Anglia and discovering years later about their treatment of Thunderbirds and Joe 90 I can see why.
The only thing I've ever seen to YTV's advantage was they reran the colour Diana Rigg episodes of The Avengers post News At Ten years after they vanished from other regions and half a decade after they dropped from peaktime repeats on Anglia and YTV only completed them a week or two before the start of The New Avengers.

The Catacombs website claims The Metamorph was cut on its Anglia premier which seems unlikely with it in a full 60 minute slot. Same for The Exiles. No need to edit the show for time in an hour slot.
They also list the unscheduled ATV repeat for Immunity Syndrome as being on at 2.30 Xmas Day 1978. A quick look at the TV Times shows that 3-2-1 was due on at 2pm.

Last edited by theinspector; 15th June 2018 at 09:56 PM.