Notices

Old 20th November 2014, 01:34 AM
Main Mission Operative

Default FAB 79 arrived

FAB 79 has arrived in Minnesota, USA.
Old 20th November 2014, 09:45 PM
Mexican Bandit

Default Fab 79

My copy of FAB 79 still hasn't arrived. I'm in South Wales. Am I the only one still waiting?
Old 21st November 2014, 08:05 AM
Supreme Commander

Location: An island in the South Pacific Ocean... Well, several, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Magenta View Post
My copy of FAB 79 still hasn't arrived. I'm in South Wales. Am I the only one still waiting?
Oh, dear. It's a bit of a worry that it's made it halfway around the world to New Zealand, but hasn't even made it to a neighbouring country.
Old 21st November 2014, 12:33 PM
Shadbolt

Location: Australia - never been anywhere else...and barely seen much of Oz come to think of it.

All the way to New Zealand.....but not to Australia yet. I'm still waiting for my copy.
Old 21st November 2014, 09:44 PM
Protector

Default Annual General Meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post

Are we really going to have Fanderson membership funds wasted on an Annual General Meeting? There really is no need. .... We vote with our wallets. ..... If we don't like what Fanderson gives us for our money we don't renew.
I don't expect anyone running the club to feel the need to explain themselves at an AGM.
I could not agree more!!! It may be a legal thing to meet, related to quarrels on licenses and rights to Gerry's shows, or to show how open the board is; don't know. But this seems really not necessary, not what the fans want or even care about, and a waste of time and money. Finish this one and then get it over with. The peace is signed with Jamie, Silvia is back, we are on track to receive three FAB's per year, the club is strong and looking for new directions... All good signs, so forget these AGM's and pick up where you left: making the most of one of worlds oldest and longest lasting fan clubs! And spend the cash wisely...
Old 25th November 2014, 01:21 PM
Spacehawk

Location: Ham Surrey. Half way between Kingston and Richmond, Surrey.

The peace is signed with Jamie? I have been looking out for news about this, and hoping for the best.
Can someone give me the details please?
Old 26th November 2014, 08:06 AM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans sterk View Post
I could not agree more!!! It may be a legal thing to meet, related to quarrels on licenses and rights to Gerry's shows, or to show how open the board is; don't know. But this seems really not necessary, not what the fans want or even care about, and a waste of time and money. Finish this one and then get it over with. The peace is signed with Jamie, Silvia is back, we are on track to receive three FAB's per year, the club is strong and looking for new directions... All good signs, so forget these AGM's and pick up where you left: making the most of one of worlds oldest and longest lasting fan clubs! And spend the cash wisely...
I wouldn't agree - I believe the club does need to show that it is responding to past criticisms and is operating in a more democratic and accountable manner, otherwise it risks leaving itself open to the same kind of problems in future.
Old 26th November 2014, 10:04 AM
Aquaphibian

True , if it wasn't for the fact that the criticisms came from a bunch of non members with a hidden agenda .
Old 26th November 2014, 09:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by air terrainean View Post
I wouldn't agree - I believe the club does need to show that it is responding to past criticisms and is operating in a more democratic and accountable manner, otherwise it risks leaving itself open to the same kind of problems in future.
But the criticisms are irrelevant if they don't come from members.
Any future problems can also be ignored.
What a bunch of nobodies thinks is not important . What matters is what the membership want and if members renew its fair to say they are happy.

I don't think I'm alone in considering if I want to pay 29 for one less issue of FAB when an unknown amount is being squandered on an AGM that nobody will attend
Old 27th November 2014, 10:27 AM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
But the criticisms are irrelevant if they don't come from members.
Any future problems can also be ignored.
What a bunch of nobodies thinks is not important . What matters is what the membership want and if members renew its fair to say they are happy.

I don't think I'm alone in considering if I want to pay 29 for one less issue of FAB when an unknown amount is being squandered on an AGM that nobody will attend
Without going into details I know that some of the problems Fanderson has faced have been entirely internal, and I believe these could have been avoided if a more democratic and accountable structure had originally been in place. This also had an effect on relationships with non-members whose legitimate activities came into conflict with those of Fanderson, and who - whatever your personal opinion of them may be - I believe had fair reason to be unhappy with certain events that took place. Personally I have only felt comfortable in rejoining the club due to the change in policy regarding some of these issues.