Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Harlington Straker Studios

Notices

Old 25th March 2016, 09:45 PM
Main Mission Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
The list of extras on the cases don't mention the ad bumpers.
As ad bumpers were supplied separately it's quite common for these to be missing from ITC shows.
Some dvd releases have managed to locate them and others have reconstructed them.
I have seen the ones from UFO somewhere , maybe in the Fanderson documentary. I can't remember.

I believe all regions would have been supplied with an ITC recommended running order for all the ITC shows but with the exception of the first episode ( I'm not sure Exposed was shown second by everybody- it doesn't need to be but if its not it does need to be as close to episode 2 as possible) running orders for all the ITC shows varies wildly which indicates local schedulers decided amongst themselves.
With many regions airing the show at 5.15pm on it's first run it's a fair bet that The Cat With Ten Lives didn't appear in those runs at all.

In the 80's repeats Anglia did seem to show all 26 uncut albeit around 3am. Thames / LWT didn't have them at all
Thank you Phelings for your response,and looking for the Bumpers on the Australian Set.
Maybe the upcoming Newtwork Blu-ray will include them.
The're certainly not in the Documentary.

I'll stick with my theory about the running order,at least for the ATV region.
I believe it was Gerry Anderson who mentioned,(in this case on the Documentary) about both Identified and Exposed needing to be shown first.

As you say,it wasn't absolutely essential to show Exposed second,as CA,FP,CCAOK and QOP did not feature Paul Foster.
Although he would have been seen in the title sequence.
Old 26th March 2016, 10:27 PM
Banned

And with ATV removing The Responsibility Seat from their run for no reason and holding it back until they were last to show it that doesn't look like anyone was worried about any kind of order.

As I've seen the UFO ad bumper somewhere I expect Network will obtain it for the Bluray.
All it shows is a UFO flying away as we go into the ads and then flying toward the screen when it returns.
It's such a disjointed memory I can't even recall the audio that accompanies it. I'm fairly sure we get the usual sound of the UFO but something tells me we also get a brief moment of the last seconds of the theme from the closing credits. However - I might be dreaming all of this

Last edited by phelings; 26th March 2016 at 10:30 PM.
Old 27th March 2016, 08:03 AM
Jason Smith

U.F.O. was seen in london on L.W.T. which was the london home for most of anderson's work from the first episode of joe 90 in 1968 up until screening doppleganger in 1992. fireball:XL5 was shown on thames in 1985-86 & screened stingray with the rest of the ITV network in 1987-88.
Old 27th March 2016, 10:20 AM
Main Mission Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
And with ATV removing The Responsibility Seat from their run for no reason and holding it back until they were last to show it that doesn't look like anyone was worried about any kind of order.

As I've seen the UFO ad bumper somewhere I expect Network will obtain it for the Bluray.
All it shows is a UFO flying away as we go into the ads and then flying toward the screen when it returns.
It's such a disjointed memory I can't even recall the audio that accompanies it. I'm fairly sure we get the usual sound of the UFO but something tells me we also get a brief moment of the last seconds of the theme from the closing credits. However - I might be dreaming all of this
Yes I distinctly remember the ad bumper,s exactly as you describe them.
There was a an accompanying sound,which was otherworldly like the end titles,it's tempo matched the receding UFO as it moved away and similarly as it came back.
It's just all part of the nostalgia for me.I wonder perhaps might the sounds be on the UFO Barry Gray CD's from Fanderson.
I'll check,I,ve not listened to all of the content on the CD's.
Old 27th March 2016, 08:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPC1 View Post
U.F.O. was seen in london on L.W.T. which was the london home for most of anderson's work from the first episode of joe 90 in 1968 up until screening doppleganger in 1992. fireball:XL5 was shown on thames in 1985-86 & screened stingray with the rest of the ITV network in 1987-88.
My comment related to the 80's repeats of UFO which London ITV viewers did not get.
AFAIK Scottish TV was the only other region not to show the 80's UFO repeats

Last edited by phelings; 27th March 2016 at 09:02 PM.
Old 27th March 2016, 08:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elder7uk View Post
Yes I distinctly remember the ad bumper,s exactly as you describe them.
There was a an accompanying sound,which was otherworldly like the end titles,it's tempo matched the receding UFO as it moved away and similarly as it came back.
It's just all part of the nostalgia for me.I wonder perhaps might the sounds be on the UFO Barry Gray CD's from Fanderson.
I'll check,I,ve not listened to all of the content on the CD's.
The audio could be on the cd ( not got it to hand) but I know I've seen the visuals too somewhere.

Edit- Adrienne Corri, so memorable in The Square Triangle died earlier this month

Last edited by phelings; 27th March 2016 at 10:27 PM.
Old 28th March 2016, 08:57 AM
Main Mission Operative

Yes Adrienne Corri....There's been hardly anything,actually nothing at all, about her for years,and then this.Very active around the time of UFO in the 70's.

It's strange (for me anyway) how every actor who appeared in UFO is emblazoned on my memory.

And Adrienne Corri is one such.
Old 28th March 2016, 09:44 AM
Spacehawk

Strangely enough, I watched The Square Triangle on, I think, Friday night. I remember thinking as I watched it that I wondered if Adrienne Corri was still alive.

The UFO ad bumpers would be quite easy to reproduce, I'd imagine. The UFO zooming towards and away from the camera; accompanied by that strange sound also heard in the Sunprobe episode of Thunderbirds. The shot used is in several early episodes of UFO. Come to think of it, the 'return' ad bumper had something that sounded like the tail end of the closing theme. I have a feeling that they both feature on Fanderson's UFO soundtrack CDs. I remember making audio recordings of some episodes off the telly in the early '70s, so they'll be on those too!

Last edited by Commander Desica; 28th March 2016 at 09:59 AM.
Old 28th March 2016, 10:43 AM
Main Mission Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Desica View Post
Strangely enough, I watched The Square Triangle on, I think, Friday night. I remember thinking as I watched it that I wondered if Adrienne Corri was still alive.

The UFO ad bumpers would be quite easy to reproduce, I'd imagine. The UFO zooming towards and away from the camera; accompanied by that strange sound also heard in the Sunprobe episode of Thunderbirds. The shot used is in several early episodes of UFO. Come to think of it, the 'return' ad bumper had something that sounded like the tail end of the closing theme. I have a feeling that they both feature on Fanderson's UFO soundtrack CDs. I remember making audio recordings of some episodes off the telly in the early '70s, so they'll be on those too!
Yes...definitely on the Anderson CD's.Your right as well they are a mixture of the very end credits to UFO (outgoing) and that incidental music in Sunprobe from Thunderbirds.
You are right as well they could be reproduced.You could use the UFO sequence featured in the titles and elsewhere.
Nice to have the real ones though.
Old 28th March 2016, 06:16 PM
Jason Smith

according to a issue in century 21 in the early 90s by a fan in the south west of england that TSW(television south west) did not show UFO in the late 80s either.