Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB News

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12th January 2019, 05:00 PM
FAB_61 FAB_61 is offline
Commissioner Simmonds
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 294
Default No more Harrops Supermarionation.......

Just noticed the sad news on the Harrops Supermarionation facebook page that they have not renewed their licence with ITV - so no more pieces for the forseeable future........

https://www.facebook.com/Harrop-Supe...8627270733540/

My Bank Manager is going to be happy, but I'm not........

FAB_61
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12th January 2019, 05:12 PM
Hiram K Hackenbacker's Avatar
Hiram K Hackenbacker Hiram K Hackenbacker is offline
Spacehawk
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: A not so secret island in the North Atlantic
Posts: 1,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAB_61 View Post
Just noticed the sad news on the Harrops Supermarionation facebook page that they have not renewed their licence with ITV - so no more pieces for the forseeable future........

https://www.facebook.com/Harrop-Supe...8627270733540/

My Bank Manager is going to be happy, but I'm not........

FAB_61
Although I never started a collection myself, I admired their work. This is rather sad.
__________________
War Of Nerves: A Sci-Fi Short Film
http://youtu.be/TwCe3QMTzb0

Thunderbirds Are Go! - Comin' To The Rescue
https://youtu.be/P1C5JE8MZi4
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12th January 2019, 08:31 PM
FAB_61 FAB_61 is offline
Commissioner Simmonds
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram K Hackenbacker View Post
Although I never started a collection myself, I admired their work. This is rather sad.
They certainly had a tendency to take over once you started..

http://www.fanderson.org.uk/forum/at...1&d=1547325065
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7149a.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12th January 2019, 10:55 PM
shermeen shermeen is offline
Skybase Engineer
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 99
Default

At the asking price they were a very limited market so it's not a surprise really.
A return to the UK channels for the classic shows might give additional exposure enough to bring in a new generation of fans to buy this type of product.
Bar a low key appearance on the Sci fi channel a long time ago isn't it 20+ years since most have been seen with only Thunderbirds appearing after 2000?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 13th January 2019, 09:09 PM
WillPS WillPS is offline
General Strond
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermeen View Post
At the asking price they were a very limited market so it's not a surprise really.
A return to the UK channels for the classic shows might give additional exposure enough to bring in a new generation of fans to buy this type of product.
Bar a low key appearance on the Sci fi channel a long time ago isn't it 20+ years since most have been seen with only Thunderbirds appearing after 2000?
Captain Scarlet was shown in 2001 on BBC2. Stingray was shown on Sky One of all places around the same time.

I think ITV struggle to place it on their own portfolio of channels. ITV3 or ITV4 would be the most natural homes but I think it's seen as too juvenile in nature (even though there's no way in hell it could be broadcast in a childrens' strand any more).
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 14th January 2019, 09:00 PM
shermeen shermeen is offline
Skybase Engineer
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 99
Default

Yes I agree Stingray would be hard to find a slot for these days but Scarlet, TB and Joe could be scheduled for family viewing like Dr Who. Even though there is violence and smoking I would think audiences would be pushed to be offended by puppets although who knows these days?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 15th January 2019, 08:34 AM
David David is offline
Griselda
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 134
Default

I was never that keen on their figurines. They always looked like younger versions of the characters than appeared in the series, particularly the TB crew.
I have been given a few as presents - ones which I thought were not quite as bad - Steve Zodiac, Grandma Tracy and Joe 90, but I wouldn't want any more.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:02 AM.


Fanderson - The Official Gerry Anderson Appreciation Society is a non-profit making organisation endorsed by Anderson
Entertainment Ltd., The Indestructible Production Company Ltd., ITV Global Entertainment and ITC Entertainment Group Ltd.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.