Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB Magazine

Notices

Old 12th June 2018, 10:31 PM
Aquaphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miger View Post
FAB is now packed with 'filler' and too much TBAG content--
I agree on the latter but I find the true "filler" to be very low. Usually only a page or two per issue.
It seems logical that after nearly 40 years it may become more difficult to cover the shows in new ways but then you get the odd gem like the recent feature on the music.
I hope with Suzanne Neve appearing at Shadocon that Fanderson will take the opportunity to interview her. Although only in 2 episodes of UFO she made a big impression and it would be great to hear about working on the Christmas Carol musical with Albert Finney aswell as the episode of Thriller she was in - and find out what she's been up to for all these years.
Old 13th June 2018, 03:13 PM
Cloudbase Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinspector View Post
I assume you're multi region for Bluray as most Network titles are Region B locked and also include 50hz content incompatible with the US 60hz format.

Were these items in the Network sale?
I think it works out cheaper to buy the complete Terrahawks set than 3 separate series.

Have you spotted the Fanderson Captain Scarlet cd set? It greatly expands on the standard single disc version you get on Amazon.

Either way you've got a great haul and many happy hours ahead!!
I absolutely do have several multi region Blu-ray players (a must have for anyone wanting to experience the best of all worlds)!

I really do not know if these were on a Network sale, however I bought the 3 separate Terrahawks & the 2 separate Space:1999 for there many extras/special features!!

What is the difference in the Fanderson Captain Scarlet cd set over any other ones (if it is more ... I wished I would have known that earlier as I just placed an order from Fanderson yesterday).

I do have many hours of enjoyable FABulous goodies to watch/read & listen to!!!

What kind of things do you enjoy!?
Old 13th June 2018, 04:00 PM
Battlehawk

It seems incredible that, until now, Suzanne Neve hasn't appeared at a Fanderson convention or been interviewed on camera on the subject of UFO. She was definitely one of the best guest stars the series ever had and her performances in both episodes are definite highlights. I shall be at SHADOCON2 and am looking forward to seeing her.

With regards other things:

I tend to think that if there had been any real interest in a third series of Space: 1999, then ITC (or more precisely, Lew Grade) would have found the money somehow. However, it is certainly true that 'Raise The Titanic' cost a huge amount of money, was not a success and almost sank the ship, as it were. Perhaps, in the final analysis, it DID. It would certainly have been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

The Fanderson soundtrack CDs are always, in my experience, the 'last word' on the subject. They are meticulous and produced to the highest standard and I would be surprised if any commercial company could produce something as thorough and as good - certainly the ones I have seen and have in my possession contain absolutely EVERYTHING! I hope you've also purchased the recent 'FAB GROOVES' double album (which comes with a CD) and the new Tony Barwick interview double CD; both of which are essential listening for the discerning Anderson aficionado and completist.
Old 13th June 2018, 04:23 PM
Cloudbase Doctor

Question The Fanderson soundtrack CDs & FAB merchandise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Desica View Post
It seems incredible that, until now, Suzanne Neve hasn't appeared at a Fanderson convention or been interviewed on camera on the subject of UFO. She was definitely one of the best guest stars the series ever had and her performances in both episodes are definite highlights. I shall be at SHADOCON2 and am looking forward to seeing her.

With regards other things:

I tend to think that if there had been any real interest in a third series of Space: 1999, then ITC (or more precisely, Lew Grade) would have found the money somehow. However, it is certainly true that 'Raise The Titanic' cost a huge amount of money, was not a success and almost sank the ship, as it were. Perhaps, in the final analysis, it DID. It would certainly have been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

The Fanderson soundtrack CDs are always, in my experience, the 'last word' on the subject. They are meticulous and produced to the highest standard and I would be surprised if any commercial company could produce something as thorough and as good - certainly the ones I have seen and have in my possession contain absolutely EVERYTHING! I hope you've also purchased the recent 'FAB GROOVES' double album (which comes with a CD) and the new Tony Barwick interview double CD; both of which are essential listening for the discerning Anderson aficionado and completist.
Hi Commander Desica, does the Fanderson soundtrack CDs & other merchadise (does Fanderson ever hold a sale for all their products?) ever come down in price as I would like to purchase some of them in the future ... the 'FAB GROOVES' double album (which comes with a CD) is just too much for me @40.78)?
Old 13th June 2018, 06:10 PM
Battlehawk

I'm probably not the best person to ask about 'sales' as such, as I have a memory like a sieve... I can remember sitting down and watching the first episode of UFO on 20th February 1971, but ask me what was happening two weeks ago and I have no idea.

Stephen Brown is the person to ask about that. But I'm sure they do come down in price from time to time.
Old 13th June 2018, 11:08 PM
Aquaphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I absolutely do have several multi region Blu-ray players (a must have for anyone wanting to experience the best of all worlds)!

I really do not know if these were on a Network sale, however I bought the 3 separate Terrahawks & the 2 separate Space:1999 for there many extras/special features!!

What is the difference in the Fanderson Captain Scarlet cd set over any other ones (if it is more ... I wished I would have known that earlier as I just placed an order from Fanderson yesterday).

I do have many hours of enjoyable FABulous goodies to watch/read & listen to!!!

What kind of things do you enjoy!?
The Fanderson Scarlet cd set is 3 discs instead of just the one that your Amazon item has.
All Fanderson items are limited in numbers so they rarely come down in price but he who hesitates.....
They never let you know if something is close to running out and you only find out when its too late.
Srictly speaking its against the rules but as you are in the US I would buy 2 copies of each item you want , including the Fab Gooves album.
You'll be able to sell the spare copy on ebay and cover the cost easily.

I noticed that 2 sellers sold Fab Grooves over the last few months with both going for a shade over 70 each.
Old 14th June 2018, 03:31 AM
Cloudbase Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Desica View Post
I'm probably not the best person to ask about 'sales' as such, as I have a memory like a sieve... I can remember sitting down and watching the first episode of UFO on 20th February 1971, but ask me what was happening two weeks ago and I have no idea.

Stephen Brown is the person to ask about that. But I'm sure they do come down in price from time to time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theinspector View Post
The Fanderson Scarlet cd set is 3 discs instead of just the one that your Amazon item has.
All Fanderson items are limited in numbers so they rarely come down in price but he who hesitates.....
They never let you know if something is close to running out and you only find out when its too late.
Srictly speaking its against the rules but as you are in the US I would buy 2 copies of each item you want , including the Fab Gooves album.
You'll be able to sell the spare copy on ebay and cover the cost easily.

I noticed that 2 sellers sold Fab Grooves over the last few months with both going for a shade over 70 each.
Thanks so much for your replies!