Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Runway 29

Notices

Old 9th September 2009, 05:49 PM
Lab Monkey

Default Where Did You Find Out About Fanderson And When Did You Join?

Where Did You Find Out About Fanderson And When Did You Join?
Old 9th September 2009, 05:51 PM
Spacehawk

I first read about Fanderson in a short lived magazine called LM in the mid 1980's. (It think it only lasted 2 issues)

I joined shortly after when Thunderbirds came out on Channel 5 video and Fanderson was advertised on the back of a superb calendar.

On joining I got a montage of the programmes. The big excitement at the time was getting my hands on a copy of SIG which was a great magazine especially when it got into the colour issues.
Old 9th September 2009, 07:23 PM
Griselda

I joined in 1986 after seing an advert in an issue of SIG. I liked the superb artwork so much I married the artist!

Katie Bleathman
Old 10th September 2009, 11:31 AM
Spacehawk

That's a good example of a dedicated fan
Old 10th September 2009, 04:01 PM
Dr. Cedric Agon

I was given a copy of Look-In magazine way back in 1982.Read about Fanderson and immediately joined.
27 years a club member,my how time flies.
Old 13th September 2009, 07:15 PM
Agent Blake

I was another who joined in early 1982 - but I'm not sure how I found out about it. I must have registered some interest somehow, as I have a letter I had from Pam Barnes in January 1982 saying the forms were at the printers, and would be sent soon...

Mike D
Old 13th September 2009, 07:48 PM
Spacehawk

I first joined in the 'Pam Barnes era' - can't remember when exactly - but for some reason which is now obscure I can remember not being hugely impressed at that time and I think I let my membership lapse.

When there was a big re-jig of the club, someone had the rather splendid idea of sending a copy of the then-spanking new club magazine to people who had left the membership. I assume it was an attempt to win people back for what was clearly going to be a new era for the club. This was edition 1 of FAB - Incorporating Fanderson News. The cover had a wraparound photo of Foster and Freeman from 'The Dalotek Affair' episode of UFO!

Anyway I thought it was rather splendid and rejoined there and then. And I've been a member ever since, with six bound volumes of the club magazine on my shelf..... :-)
Old 13th September 2009, 07:59 PM
Squealer

After years of seeing Fanderson advertised on all the VHS's (and assuming it had been a group for kids), I realised my mistake and took the plunge. Needless to say once I got my first copy of FAB (27) and subsequently started ordering what seemed to be everything in the Fanderson Sales brochure, I never looked back!

Here's to the new forum and the future!

Rich
Old 13th September 2009, 10:52 PM
Moid

I've known about Fanderson ever since i became a fan of Gerry Anderson's work when i first saw Thunderbirds as a kid in the early 90's. I only joined last year... and I'm glad i did! My only regret is not joining sooner, as i've a lot to catch up on and missed out on so much!

I also fondly recall visiting Thunderbooks in Preston and with my birthday money splashing out and purchasing copies of SIG, Century 21 and Action 21 magazines... hard earned birthday money very well spent. I loved that shop - if i'd had the money, i'd have bought the entire shop! lol.

Lovin the new forum - excellent work!

Ross
Old 14th September 2009, 09:08 AM
General Strond

I first joined back in 1983 when I was 12. I went to Fanderson'84 & was the only kid there! I was a member for a few years, then dropped out around 1987. I then rejoined the club in 1998 when I became more interested again.