Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB News

Notices

Old 17th July 2010, 06:16 PM
Ninestein

Default Barry Gray on Luxuria Music - This Sunday

The Luxuria Music internet radio station is holding a Barry Gray tribute special this Sunday, July 18, to mark the 102nd anniversary of the composer's birth.

On this Sunday's "Beyondophonic Action Hour" show, listeners will be able to hear themes from 24 different Gerry Anderson TV and film productions, including unreleased gems courtesy the Barry Gray estate.

If you can't tune into the live stream at 7pm Pacific / 10pm Eastern, a podcast should be in the Luxuria show archives sometime on Monday.

Among the special treats there will be an unreleased live recording of the Wondermints covering "UFO" in Tokyo in 1999, and excerpts from the massive orchestral Barry Gray Centenary concert held in London in 2008. (Extra special thanks to The Wondermints, David Stoner at Silva Screen Records, and Ralph Titterton of the Barry Gray Estate.)

Visit the Luxuria Music Internet Radio station website
Old 20th July 2010, 11:46 AM
Zarin

Can't find it on the site yet!
Old 21st July 2010, 06:14 AM
Squealer

This is now up and running!
Old 21st July 2010, 07:09 AM
Squealer

...and includes exerpts such as White As Snow from Barry Gray's Centenary concert back in 2008, not quite the same as being there but still sounds great!
Old 21st July 2010, 07:38 AM
Spacehawk

This direct from Michael Toth. Remember this is a big download but worth the wait. You want the 18th July one.

Thanks so much for your interest and support. Apparently I even got a few from the UK who tuned into the show in the middle of the night your time to hear it live.

:-D

Anyway, for those with less adventurous sleep schedules, the podcast for Sunday's show is up for download here:

http://www.luxuriamusic.com/station/...ndophonic_Hour

(Note: the podcasts tend to only stick around there for three months or so before they get purged, so get it while you can.)

Also, I had enough requests that I'll be repeating two of the earlier Barry Gray tributes over the next two Sundays:

25 July - Barry Gray show #2 from 2008
(all cover versions/remixes)

1 August - Barry Gray show #3 from July 2009
(odds and ends, plus more unreleased goodies from Ralph Titterton)

Also, last July, we had an essay contest, "Which Gerry Anderson show would you most like to live in and why." The entries were a riot. If you missed reading them last time (or want to revisit them), here's the link to those:

http://www.luxuriamusic.com/blog/tot...nner-announced

Hope you dig it,
Michael "Tothar" Toth
Old 22nd July 2010, 10:52 AM
Spacehawk

I have now listened to this podcast and can confirm it contains music from every GA production from Twizzle to New Captain Scarlet! There's probably something missing(Dick Spanner?) but it was nice to hear Doppleganger and Space Police was a surprise.
Old 23rd July 2010, 04:48 AM
Alien

Location: Australia - never been anywhere else...and barely seen much of Oz come to think of it.

Thank goodness for podcasts otherwise Iíd have missed it. It was a shame Don Spencerís version of the Fireball song wasnít played (Iím biased Ė itís my favourite Barry Gray tune) but hearing some of the centenary concert at the end more than made up for it. I wish I had been there. Tothar plays some really quirky stuff in the Beyondophonic Music Hour Ė you never know what youíre going to hear but itís usually pretty good. Listening to it is like playing a kind of guessing game. If he mentions the artist you think you know what song heís going to playÖ.instead of which it might be something you had no idea they ever recorded. If youíre told what the song is, then it could be a version by an artist youíve never heard of. The show has certainly broadened my music horizons. Great fun!
Old 27th July 2010, 03:03 PM
Jason Smith

I'm listening to it, too bad I missed the three before Are those still available?
Old 31st July 2010, 03:54 PM
Slomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Eaton View Post
This direct from Michael Toth.

[I]I had enough requests that I'll be repeating two of the earlier Barry Gray tributes over the next two Sundays:

25 July - Barry Gray show #2 from 2008
(all cover versions/remixes)
That show's now available to download at;

http://www.luxuriamusic.com/station/...ndophonic_Hour