Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB News

Notices

Old 21st September 2009, 07:32 PM
Jason Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
Unfortunately the CD rips on the net are in FLAC so there is no loss in quality and also the cheeky gits include hi-res scans of the covers, inlays and booklets. It seems to be a thriving cottage (but illegal) industry!
Collectors are collecting only original CDs. With computer files you can get data loss (including CD-R). An original CD do have a much longer life than a CD-R or a harddisk.
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:36 AM
Main Mission Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekkie View Post
Collectors are collecting only original CDs. With computer files you can get data loss (including CD-R). An original CD do have a much longer life than a CD-R or a harddisk.
Do it? Really?
Old 22nd September 2009, 11:57 AM
Jason Smith

On the subject of Captian Cubbio, I think I might know the guy a little better. Unfortunately he's suffering from some kind of syndrom, I'm afraid I don't know the name by heart, which makes it difficult for him to function socially. He's really not a bad guy and he tries to latch onto people and indeed continually bombards people with friend requests or asking them to join forums or sites or whatever, in fact it was him who guided me to this forum.

I'm not going to defend his uploading of soundtracks, but I am going to say that he is DEFENITELY an enormous Anderson show fan. He is a much bigger fan than me and I think he's truly a nice guy, so please try and be a bit more... well gentle I guess with him. To me it seems more that by uploading the tracks he's trying to spread the content with good intentions rather than bad.

However I understand that it must stop of course and I too, in the past, have been guilty of uploading at least a few soundtracks, but NOT without buying them first. Small excuse, but I can assure you that those links are down.

Last edited by Dougurasu; 22nd September 2009 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Adding E-mail notification
Old 22nd September 2009, 04:58 PM
Main Mission Operative

It has been postulated that all collectors have at least a mild form of autism - it's all a matter of degree, really. Unfortunately unless you meet someone face to face you can only judge them by their online activities. The internet is of course a godsend to those of us who can't function socially!
Old 22nd September 2009, 05:23 PM
Jason Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Haysom View Post
It has been postulated that all collectors have at least a mild form of autism - it's all a matter of degree, really. Unfortunately unless you meet someone face to face you can only judge them by their online activities. The internet is of course a godsend to those of us who can't function socially!
Yes, I agree, I guess... I sometimes too feel I have a bit of autism, but nothing that stands in my way, I think.
However for some it might be more evident than others and I was rather trying to make you guys see him in a different, more accurate, light Really trying to make everyone friends of course.
Old 23rd September 2009, 08:47 AM
Spacehawk

Dougurasu, I am fully aware of the situation with Captain Cubbio, unfortunately most of the membership on here and over on Eagletransporter were more than likely unaware and replied or responded in a manner that reflected their feelings at the time, had they been aware they may have tempered their response a little.

A couple of years back I had quite a few conversations on MSM and Craig told me quite openly all about his condition and his situation, his work on the hospital radio and his hobbies and interests, we had some nice conversations and I enjoyed talking to him.

However, it was when having found out what I had in my CD collection, especially with regards to Gerry Anderson and other movie soundtracks, that his attitude changed from having the occasional chat to constantly asking me to send him copies of the CDs or to convert them to MP3s and send him those. I did say on more than one occasion that I would not copy the Fanderson CDs as it was not right because it would hurt Fanderson finacially and I would not copy them.

He insisted that if I sent them they would not be duplicated or passed onto to other parties or uploaded to the net, however because of the very insistent nature of his requests I did not believe him. After being, what I can only describe as 'bombarded' with requests, I just either stopped going on MSN or would only go on as 'logged off' to see who was about first, basically just to aviod him, not that I disliked him or anything like that, but had it continued I would have lost my temper and I did not want that to happen.

The thing is though, when you say no, and say no as repeatedly as I did, surely no means no.

Anyway, that is water under the bridge, and I hold no hard feelings, hopefully Craig has learned his lesson and will not upload or copy future Fanderson material, and get on with enjoying the forum.

http://www.tnthobbies.co.uk/index.htm
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:08 AM
Butler

Default What a lot of rubbish

Banned from club rubbish!

I bought a Fanderson cd from ebay 18 months ago sold by a well known shop,that had original links with the club from the start

Double standards or what!
Old 23rd September 2009, 01:48 PM
Jason Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
Dougurasu, I am fully aware of the situation with Captain Cubbio, unfortunately most of the membership on here and over on Eagletransporter were more than likely unaware and replied or responded in a manner that reflected their feelings at the time, had they been aware they may have tempered their response a little.

A couple of years back I had quite a few conversations on MSM and Craig told me quite openly all about his condition and his situation, his work on the hospital radio and his hobbies and interests, we had some nice conversations and I enjoyed talking to him.

However, it was when having found out what I had in my CD collection, especially with regards to Gerry Anderson and other movie soundtracks, that his attitude changed from having the occasional chat to constantly asking me to send him copies of the CDs or to convert them to MP3s and send him those. I did say on more than one occasion that I would not copy the Fanderson CDs as it was not right because it would hurt Fanderson finacially and I would not copy them.

He insisted that if I sent them they would not be duplicated or passed onto to other parties or uploaded to the net, however because of the very insistent nature of his requests I did not believe him. After being, what I can only describe as 'bombarded' with requests, I just either stopped going on MSN or would only go on as 'logged off' to see who was about first, basically just to aviod him, not that I disliked him or anything like that, but had it continued I would have lost my temper and I did not want that to happen.

The thing is though, when you say no, and say no as repeatedly as I did, surely no means no.

Anyway, that is water under the bridge, and I hold no hard feelings, hopefully Craig has learned his lesson and will not upload or copy future Fanderson material, and get on with enjoying the forum.
Yeah, sort of my experience too, I guess. He is usually quite insistant, but with me he usually offers me a lot too. You know, he's a soundtrack collector and loves to pass things on, so rare soundtracks he'd occassionally offer me. Usually I'm not interested, but sometimes it has some interesting stuff. Once, before the official Stingray soundtrack, he saw someone had uploaded Stingray background music. The quality was pretty terrible, but because he knew I liked it, I of course downloaded it. Luckily there's no need for those tracks anymore with the new soundtrack but that's something else.

What I am wondering, though, is unreleased music. Somehow I have seen occassions of music that has not been released on CD or other media but is still from Thunderbirds or Stingray or whatever. Is uploading and sharing that considered an offence to the club? Cause I have stuff and would love to share, but I would hate to lose my membership because of that.