Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Thunderbirds Are Go!

Notices

Old 7th December 2017, 08:44 PM
Aquaphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil_Tracy View Post
I remember when I was 9 & Captain Scarlet was being shown on BBC 2 they had to pull Winged Assasin due to it being aired on 9/11. It was shown at a much later date in the run. So there maybe hope they'll do this with Inferno at somepoint.
9/11 was a Tuesday - no Scarlet listed for that day. After 2001 they would obviously know the date so would not pre-schedule it to appear.

I think you may have confused the date and / or reason. I recall Scarlet having the episode changed or postponed because of something in the news but it wasn't 9/11.
Whenever a shooting incident occurs panic hits the broadcasters who cancel anything to do with guns or violence.
Not sure if it was Hungerford or a later shooting where a series entitled "The Marksman" got postponed and had its title changed before broadcast and it was never restored to the original one.

I wonder how many years it will be until The Towering Inferno appears again on anything except Sky Movies

Last edited by theinspector; 7th December 2017 at 08:46 PM.
Old 19th December 2017, 09:15 PM
Jason Smith

i have a feeling ITV will never show 'inferno' sometime in the future,this is like 40 years ago when LWT refused to show a episode of the first series of 'the professionals' called 'klansman' which was never broadcast at all until ITV last showed the series which LWT co-funded too & sold it abroad & was shown in every country in the world that showed it, in 1988 & was excluded too on granada plus & ITV4 owing to its controversial content.
Old 19th December 2017, 10:45 PM
Aquaphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPC1 View Post
i have a feeling ITV will never show 'inferno' sometime in the future,this is like 40 years ago when LWT refused to show a episode of the first series of 'the professionals' called 'klansman' which was never broadcast at all until ITV last showed the series which LWT co-funded too & sold it abroad & was shown in every country in the world that showed it, in 1988 & was excluded too on granada plus & ITV4 owing to its controversial content.
Yes, the banning of Klansmen just about sums up ITV.
How many broadcasters have the chance to air what for most people would be a brand new episode from an iconic series. Yes it contains racist language but that is part of the plot.
I'm surprised no other channel has opted to air it, even BBC4 could screen it and pass it off as tv from a different age and then have a debate about it.

To be fair, it never stood a chance on Granada + or ITV4 where entire episodes of The Sweeney and The Professionals were always missed out and the ones that do get shown have the content that made both series so controversial edited out anyway.
They are all cut to enable daytime repeats and ITV are far too lazy to prepare alternate versions for screening in later slots. They did exactly the same with Space 1999 where Year One was cut down to 45 minutes yet even when it was the last show of the night at 2am they still needlessly aired the edited version.

If this new TB series has longevity I expect the fire episode will air in a few years when all the current news is old and forgotten
Old 20th December 2017, 11:16 AM
Battletank

Whenever I noticed that either 'The Towering Inferno' or 'Airport' or 'The Poseidon Adventure' were scheduled on one of the channels, I'd think "Uh oh...". The trouble is, we live in a dangerous world and there will usually be some kind of disaster or accident somewhere that will coincide with the showing of a disaster movie or episode of an action-packed TV series. I wonder how many people would, in all honesty, be at all bothered or affected by such a coincidence of fact meeting fiction?
Old 24th December 2017, 10:08 PM
Aquaphibian

It sounds too stupid even for ITV but apparently the skipped episode won't be included on the dvd release either.
If only ITV employed people in other departments as capable as the ones they employ in their "how to kill sales and annoy the existing market" department
Old 5th January 2018, 02:41 PM
Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinspector View Post
It sounds too stupid even for ITV but apparently the skipped episode won't be included on the dvd release either.
If only ITV employed people in other departments as capable as the ones they employ in their "how to kill sales and annoy the existing market" department
The art work that is now on the Amazon page for the Part 2 DVD is saying "13 Episodes" - so hopefully it's on there.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thunderbird...dp/B077TZX4DK/
Old 5th January 2018, 10:39 PM
Aquaphibian

It's good that ITV decided not to make fools of themselves
Old 6th January 2018, 03:14 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAB_61 View Post
The art work that is now on the Amazon page for the Part 2 DVD is saying "13 Episodes" - so hopefully it's on there.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thunderbird...dp/B077TZX4DK/
This isn't confirmation, the artwork will have been approved long in advance, it'll most likely still be 12.

Thunderbirds Are Go! - Comin' To The Rescue
https://youtu.be/P1C5JE8MZi4
Old 6th January 2018, 05:44 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil_Tracy View Post
I remember when I was 9 & Captain Scarlet was being shown on BBC 2 they had to pull Winged Assasin due to it being aired on 9/11. It was shown at a much later date in the run. So there maybe hope they'll do this with Inferno at somepoint.
As I recall, The Mysterons was screened on Monday 10th September at the start of a repeat run, the New York attack happened on Tuesday, and the following Monday the scheduled transmission of Winged Assassin was cancelled.
Old 6th January 2018, 09:01 PM
Aquaphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by air terrainean View Post
As I recall, The Mysterons was screened on Monday 10th September at the start of a repeat run, the New York attack happened on Tuesday, and the following Monday the scheduled transmission of Winged Assassin was cancelled.
BBC Genome would suggest you are correct and Winged Assassin finally appeared on December 10th.

I will be surprised if the dvd release has anything missing. It would be an all time low in stupidity at ITV although it would certainly please whoever is releasing it in Australia