Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Runway 29

Notices

Old 20th July 2017, 11:33 AM
Battery Boy

Default Finally here!

Hello there!
Yesterday, my account was validated (I registered on May 14th, apparently there was a technical problem, it does not matter ) and i'm happy to join your forum.

One thing first: I don't speak English very well. I'm sorry for that.

Sooo i'm Marie (or "Lady"), from Belgium, 25 y old, Librarian, french-speaker and novice in supermarionation series.

It may be that my companion, Jonathan (or "Captain"), borrows my account from time to time. We have different opinions and prefer different series. (He prefers Space 1999 and Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons, i prefer Thunderbirds and Stingray)

I registered on the forum and at the club to enjoy the publications and discussions between fans.

It took me a long time to get into Gerry Anderson's series, when my companion looked at them from a very young age.
He first tried to show me Captain Scarlet (but I was sick, I fell asleep) and then Space 1999 (I was depressed, I found it sinister). And finally Thunderbirds that hooked me a lot, to the point that I think to give back to these two series
(It does not really matter, but when I was a kid, Lavender Castle was on Belgian TV.
I have kept a memory, and yet it was only by seeing the logo on my membership card that I understood what it was)

I continue to discover the world of Gerry Anderson (currently, Stingray!).

This validation email arrived just in time. We are soon going on 'oliday to Oxford, we intend to go through the church of Secret Service. Do you have other travel suggestions in this area (or on the way, we go through Dover then Windsor)?

Thank you in advance for your welcome.

Marie
Old 20th July 2017, 11:51 AM
R.A.T.

Hi,

You can check out the locations used in UFO on this very thorough site - http://avengerland.theavengers.tv/ufo.htm
and also the same site has details of the church in Harefield used in Joe 90. Good luck!
Old 21st July 2017, 03:19 PM
Spacehawk

Welcome to the forum
Old 21st July 2017, 04:05 PM
Battery Boy

Hi, i'm Captain, Lady's Companion. So yes i know Gerry Anderson's show since my childhood. I first started with Captain Scarlet and Thunderbirds, both in French (I'm from France, not Belgium by the way).

Thanks for the reply and also for the locations advices. The church from Joe 90 isn't far from our planed road. For UFO we will have to check.

Be Seeing You