Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB Magazine

Notices

Old 14th December 2014, 06:26 PM
Protector

Default Fab index

Just a thought: with the wealth of information on our favourite series built up over the years, wouldn’t it be nice to create an index of (all) relevant articles ever published in Fanderson? A handy reference guide to a vast database of mags with virtually all information in the Anderson Universe. How ideal it could be, having the info ever published on any GA series in Fanderson easily accessible via one index magazine. Think of all interviews, background info, artists, series cast members, technical data, main articles, all relevant articles published since FAB’s start. Even if you’re new to Fanderson, the index could provide a nice picture on all that was achieved over decades. And maybe interesting for Fanderson being able to market stock copies, when fans know what’s needed to complete their library and make more of the index. Good luck Fanderson!
Old 31st January 2015, 06:20 PM
Zarin

Default fab 32

I think an index was published in issue 32 a long time abo. Making such an index is a huge amount of work. One I don't need anymore after digitizing and ocr-ing all issues upto now. Searching through the index of them (as set of pdf files) is a breeze.
Old 1st February 2015, 10:43 PM
General Strond

Default Superb idea

Excellent idea

Just for everyones interest
Fab31 has Stephen Brown & Lynn Simpsons excellent article on what Scarlet puppets are used & repeated in other episodes.
In Fab 34 they revisit it again with Joe 90.
& Fab 59 again with Secret Service.

I use it as reference all the time.
& to think their reference was freeze framing the video recorder
Totally amazing dedication.

I just cannot wait for their feature on Thunderbirds
Which I believe is a work in progress. ( & hopefully Stingray one day)

Actually I think that the Fab 31 34 & 59 should be a booklet in itself.

Perhaps updated with more photos in colour & reference to the puppets that were sold at the Phillips auction.

This kind of stuff really floats my boat

But going back to an index
It should maybe be a link on the website & you would click on the show, & then find out what Fab magazines feature that particular show or genre.
I.e if you like comics go to fab issue .... &. ...
Old 29th March 2015, 12:52 PM
Zarin

Default pdf index

I hoped the FAB ocr index would also allow searches through its index even without the actual issues present, but unfortunately it doesn't.
And of course the index isn't documented to built a Reader search-like tool to inspect it properly.

Creating a manual index still seems a lot of work. But I find my own index on all issues extremely helpful to quickly find something.