Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Runway 29

Notices

Old 9th September 2013, 10:36 AM
Spacehawk

Well, in the absence of any defence from Tommohawker, I'm more inclined to think it was an idea born out of well-meaning naievity rather than any attempt to con or scam.

We probably won't ever know!
Old 9th September 2013, 11:19 AM
Spacehawk

Location: Ham Surrey. Half way between Kingston and Richmond, Surrey.

If it was honest. I think such an endeavor would have been a waste of his time and money. I'd go to it and I dare say you might too. But for it to succeed there would have to be a hundred times more Anderson fans than there is. Sad, but in my opinion true.
Old 9th October 2013, 02:37 PM
Lazoon

I think that the easiest and most popular place to put any kind of Anderson-related museum would be at the Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff.

In addition to Doctor Who related exhibits, the building could have an area dedicated to other genre-related shows that have been produced in the UK, such as Blake's 7, The Prisoner, and of course Gerry Anderson's programs.

The one hitch is that all these shows are not the property of the BBC, so the agreements could be complicated.

Nonetheless, I'd like to see the Doctor Who Experience building become something that celebrates all the UK's rich history of fantastic television.
Old 12th December 2013, 04:24 PM
SID

On a related note, if one was visiting London and were confined to a tour group with a few spare hours and an underground pass, where might they have a chance to score some Anderson merchandise? (comics, toys, dvds, pins...?)
Old 12th December 2013, 05:12 PM
General Strond

Your best bet is

Forbidden Planet
179 Shaftesbury Avenue
London
WC2H 8JR

Closest London Underground station is Tottenham Court Road on the Northern and Central Lines,
Old 13th December 2013, 10:14 AM
Spacehawk

The Stamp Centre opposite the Vaudeville Theatre on the Strand might also be worth a look - nearest stations are Embankment, Charing Cross or Covent Garden. It's not far to walk from Forbidden Planet either.
Old 15th December 2013, 01:30 AM
General Strond

If you go to The Covent Garden Film Museum. Free entry

You can see Vaughn Herriots puppet replicas(not sure there is anything to buy)

http://www.londonfilmmuseum.com/covent-garden/

Lights Camera, London! UPGRADED

We have been hard at work making some amazing additions and essential maintenance upgrades to our anchor exhibition, Lights, Camera, London!

We are proud to have commissioned the creation of the entire cast of Thunderbirds from the original moulds by artist Vaughan Herriott and the results are outstanding.

The display now sits proudly in the 'London Can Make it' section as the cult TV series was made in Staines, London.

And as if that wasn't exciting enough, they will soon be joined by Captain Scarlet and Captain Black!!!!!!
Old 15th December 2013, 09:59 PM
Zeroid

Thanks for the info on the Film Museum, I'll try to get there soon. Vin Mag, the vintage magazine shop in Brewer Street (Soho) might be worth a visit. It occasionally has relevant material. Years ago they had TV21s and annuals, not so much these days. Good for photos and posters for retro TV and film in general. http://www.vinmag.com/online/index.p...y&ref=about-us