Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > The Bringers of Wonder

Notices

Old 10th September 2011, 11:16 PM
Moid

Location: An island in the South Pacific Ocean... Well, several, actually.
Default Top Gear

In preparation for the Flaming Rugby World Cup, we've been stocking up on DVDs.

Today we entertained ourselves with the first DVD of the Top Gear challenges. I know that Top Gear has mentioned things Anderson before - Jeremy Clarkson getting stuck and relying on a tractor or something similar that he dubbed Thunderbird Two to get himself freed springs to mind, but when James May and Richard Hammond were testing out the aerodynamics of a Reliant Robin in a wind tunnel to see if it could be converted to a space shuttle, I'm sure I heard the theme from Joe 90.

But I'm not quite sure why. Maybe because the fan and BIG RAT were both things that spin around?
Old 26th April 2012, 03:19 AM
Lab Monkey

I saw a repeat of an episode from a few years back wherein the trio were trying to modify some car for some challenge ( narrows it down a lot, doesn't it? ). Anyway, after a particular attempt failed there was a reaction shot of Hammond, May and Clarkson, and a small bit of a musical cue from "Space:1999's" "Black Sun" was played. Made my ears perk up like a dog's when I heard that. Had to rewind the dvr four or five times just to be sure I wasn't imagining it.
Old 26th April 2012, 11:48 PM
Skybase Engineer

Location: Breezehome, Plains District, Whiterun, Skyrim, Tamriel.

Not TG but Motorworld, one of the car-related series Clarkson made in the late 90's before he & Andy Wilman resurrected the former show into the all-conquering juggernaut that it is today, Jezza made a comment while driving an open-topped sports car about wanting to be called Commander Straker! And i have to say, i agree with him!!
http://youtu.be/NMr8WzcVgoM?t=34s

SIG is short for both my name and Spectrum Is Green!