Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Harlington Straker Studios > See You Down There

Notices

Old 12th March 2012, 07:23 AM
Spacehawk

Watch it all on video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzAva...ature=youtu.be

or better angle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQYG9...eature=related

Last edited by Derek Eaton; 12th March 2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old 12th March 2012, 09:24 PM
Cloudbase Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark42 View Post
A friend and I are now putting on a display of models and props at this event. The big Eagle will be there with a few other original bits from Space: 1999, and I'll have a set of Thunderbird models out on the Sunday for Gerrys visit.

As there is no Fanderson convention set up for this year I'm somewhat surprised that the club don't jump on these occasions of Gerry doing appearances at big public venues to hold a mini get-together. The club could get a table on these occasions, display some of the items that it owns, merchandise it produces and support Gerry whilst trying to sign up new members and boost the clubs profile.
Gerrys not getting any younger and you have to think that he might not be up to doing these things for much longer.
I agree - these are the places Fanderson need to go to in order to gain new members. Even if it is just someone handing out leaflets, surely one member of the committee could have been there, or even asked a member to volunteer to do so.

I do think it's actually slightly disappointing that there weren't any committee members there anyway.
Old 13th March 2012, 01:03 PM
General Strond

And considering Gerrys age, and health problems, that could have been his final public appearance.
After he had shook my hand and was then lead away I had the feeling that I was saying goodbye to him for the last time.
Old 13th March 2012, 06:51 PM
Butler

Quote:
And considering Gerrys age, and health problems, that could have been his final public appearance.
After he had shook my hand and was then lead away I had the feeling that I was saying goodbye to him for the last time.
Sadly I felt much the same. He is very frail now. I truely hope I'm wrong.
Old 13th March 2012, 08:33 PM
Mario Coletti

Default Sci Fi Weekend, Gerry and Fanderson.

Quote:
I think we all have similar feelings saying goodbye to mature friends, family and people we admire. I would love to have been there but in the end I just could not fit it in. Gerry, if you are reading this, we want to see you in public for as long as you enjoy it.

I do think it is unfair to criticise the committee who do have another life beside the club and work very hard for us, much of it, quietly behind the scenes. I take the point about some Fanderson members publicising the club. Had I been there I would have loved to give out leaflets and chat to people. It is possible that this might conflict with some policy the Space Centre has. I think at the side of one of my friend Jack's photos, I spied the ever dependable David Nightingale by Gerry's side.

The most important thing is that Gerry, Matt, David and Shane, the FAB Four had a good time and that appears to be the case. I hope they will do more appearances as they work very well together. One question no one touched on is with the 50th Anniversary of Thunderbirds only three and a half years away, how could the fans and ITV celebrate it? It sounds a long way off but it will be upon us before we know it.
Old 14th March 2012, 01:36 AM
Lazoon

Default Any new projects announced?

Did Gerry announce or mention any new projects? Did anyone else mention any new tv or film projects?
Old 14th March 2012, 08:45 PM
Spacehawk

Another video here which shows a lot of the models on display on the Saturday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udTo5b-k02Y

I really enjoyed the Sunday especially finally getting to see David Sissons models and managed to get a few minutes to chat with David - inbetween defending any Daleks from my kids.
Old 14th March 2012, 10:29 PM
Jason Smith

I see my name getting mentioned so thought I'd just report that my wife and I were with Gerry due to Mary Anderson's commitment to another [not related] event. Yvonne and I were delighted to be asked to chaperone Monsieur Anderson !

As you can imagine I got plenty of time to ask what was going on in Gerry's life - for example did he now consider himself semi-retired ? I was firmly put in my place when told NO he didn't !!! Gerry is more than aware of the talk about remounts of "UFO" and "Space: 1999" together with the perennial "Thunderbirds" remake. He seems to be meeting folk on a regular basis but there really isn't anything concrete to report apart from good intentions.

I agree it was a golden opportunity to promote the Club as I spoke to quite a few Mums and Dads who were interested but didn't know about Fanderson. I should have had a bit more oil in my can and asked someone in the Club to, at least, knock up a flyer as I would have had no problem getting them onto Gerry's signing table

Oh, well...
Old 14th March 2012, 11:01 PM
Butler

It rather sounded like he doesn't have the rights to remake Thunderbirds now given he said 'people keep getting cold feet'. He certainly didn't say anything about it even being in pre-production. Anybody know what the current state of affairs is?
Old 15th March 2012, 05:54 PM
Skybase Engineer

Send a message via MSN to Captaincubbio2009
Smile

I had a lovely time at Leicester's Space Center, I popped along on the Saturday with my Full Size Red & Black NSD Dalek. My friend Dylan was doing the Driving & talking all day long, My parents was with us too. It's our first proper SciFi Convention with our Dalek, We've got two more Full Size Daleks which my mum and my Uncle made it took them 12 months to complete them. As you know I am a big big Gerry Anderson, Dr Who & Star Trek SciFi nut LOL.

I took loads of Video Footage, To view & Subscribe yourselfs to our Youtube account please click here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Poody571953?feature=mhee

We raise money for Max Appeal, Click to find out more about Max Appeal by clicking here: www.maxappeal.org.uk

Regards
CaptCub2012