Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > The Bringers of Wonder

Notices

Old 7th March 2012, 10:05 PM
General Strond

Default Terrahawks unseen SFX rushes on YouTube

Hi
I've just been sent a link to this on You-Tube
Its a selection of film clips showing the raw effects footage being shot on various 'Terrahawks' episodes. No idea where it has come from - has anyone ever seen this stuff before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf5JO...89ALT1fRYgAAAA
Old 8th March 2012, 12:12 PM
Spacehawk

Yep - I have. I found it !

I discovered a box full of film cans under a stall on a visit to the Portobello Road market about ten years ago. Someone had salvaged them from a skip while they were working at Bray Studios. On closer examination I found they were labelled with Anderson Burr stickers, I managed to buy the lot in partnership with another fan whose name I won't mention for now in case he'd prefer me not to.

The cans mainly consisted of 16mm out-takes and stock footage filmed by the special effects unit that was saved during production for potential use in later episodes and covers a variety of set-ups and vehicles. I managed to edit all the footage together into about three reels of film, and some of this - which I imagine is the material featured on the Youtube clip, although I haven't checked - was provided for use on the Terrahawks collector's edition set.

I had the impression it was fairly well known that I'd found this material, but it must have been less publicised than I thought.

Interesting to see it with the unused music - thanks for posting the link.