Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Runway 29

Notices

Old 3rd December 2011, 07:33 PM
Seal Cub

...I joined Fanderson a good long while ago, stayed for a while, then let my membership slip away. I've been away for another while, but when douglogger put me wise to the Forum's existence, I decided to drop by, make a few comments, and see what the club is like now. Consider me as doing recce for a possible future reconnect.
Old 3rd December 2011, 07:34 PM
Seal Cub

...and darn it, that 333 number does tend to follow me, doesn't it?
Old 3rd December 2011, 08:39 PM
Spacehawk

Welcome MysteronClayton you are amongst friends. You have probably missed a few issues of FAB - time to catch up.
Old 7th December 2011, 07:17 PM
Dreisenberg Agent

you know you've been a member for soooooooo long that how you heard about it and how you enlisted has faded away into a haze of guesswork..but 2012 in my 30th anniversary. I do have all the FABs,there was a summer of 81 or 82 SPACE 1999 Alliance Convention with Phil Rae, and Pam Barnes who might've been instrumental in singing me up. Like the abovementioned alliance I missed its' and Fanderson's first conventions but rallied to make up for it the second one out.
Prior to that I recall getting some form of a pre-FAB newsletterish photocopy from the club and typewritten membership
lists....how prehistoric,all that primordial beginnings..Doug
Old 5th February 2012, 03:55 AM
Battery Boy

I think I found Fanderson while either looking though other fan links like TV21 or something like that. I was looking for reference links for various Gerry Anderson
images and vintage show products.
Old 5th February 2012, 08:12 AM
Spacehawk

Welcome to the Fanderson Forum Hydra
Old 10th April 2012, 11:37 AM
Mexican Bandit

I found Fanderson a few years ago tho didnt join until very recently. My interest is mainly on the live action more than the supermarination.
The the beautiful work of Derek Meddings and his crew still looks amazing now. U.F.O and Space 1999 are without doubt my favs and the great work of Barry Grays musical scores.
Old 23rd June 2012, 04:29 PM
Mexican Bandit

Thumbs up

I took a long time to enter Fanderson. I've been a fan of everything Gerry Anderson since watching Supercar at the tender age of 3! Although I had no idea they were all by the same person my favourite shows were all Anderson shows - apart from Dr Who. Naturally I bought the VHS tapes when they came out and saw Fanderson advertised but thought it was a kids thing. It was my son who checked out what it was and urged me to join. I've no idea when that was but I'm very glad I did. The magazines are brilliant.
Old 2nd July 2012, 03:41 PM
Lazoon

Its a bit of a story, haha.
I'm Kobayashimaru, a self-appointed sci fi aficionado and long term fan of the works of Gerry Anderson, Barry Gray and Derek Meddings.

I learned of Fanderson back when The New Adventures of Captain Scarlet rumor mill began on a Battlestar Galactica board...

In the time between then and now, I have occasionally lurked. Especially in the modelmaking section; handy tips and links were in there. I had to learn of something to say, and whether or not my voice would actually add anything to the myriad of conversations already happening here.

I studied under Crew, Hill and Watkins, writing a series of papers on Wheddon's Firefly work and Abrams Lost show. It was then I decided I might have something to add to the discussion
Old 2nd July 2012, 08:51 PM
Spacehawk

Welcome Kobayashimaru and all the newbies - looking forward to your input.