Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Ebay The Unexpected

Notices

Old 3rd December 2011, 08:57 PM
Spacehawk

Default Rare TB1 Photo

Not one I have seen very often. Like it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THUNDERBIR...#ht_1104wt_956
Old 4th December 2011, 02:24 AM
R.A.T.

I must say I prefer the Series 2 version of TB1 over the originals.

I bought two Thunderbird 6 posters from this seller a couple of months ago and they're absolutely huge and worth every penny - stunning quality.
Old 8th January 2012, 07:43 PM
Dreisenberg Agent

Derek,
You sure this isn't from ALLIGATORS? looks like the jungle set with Scott flying over first,before finding a usable landing spot. I have a TB6 poster all rolled up in a cardboard tube plus the TBAG! Belgian poster resplendant with reddened ZERO X folded in fourths.Plus two different sizes of JOURNEY TO THE FAR SIDE OF THE SUN posters the regular one-sheet that had drawn many a yawn,plus a variation on stiffer stock more left to right longer dimension,than the one sheets north-south longer measurement..
And a 1972 souvenir JOE 90 poster by Pace International Publishers...with right-facing Mac's car at night with the orange logo lower right plus upper-half bubble character pics of cast minus Sam Loover...strange, as there was/is enough room to fit him in here.
In another room I have a similiar poster,from another company, of Lewis Collins and Martin Shaw from the PROFESSIONALS all serious looking. The printer "verkerke" sounds Dutch......

Last edited by douglogger; 8th January 2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason: regular Peltonified Proofreading....cleaned up sentence
Old 9th January 2012, 07:50 AM
Slomo

Verkerke posters was indeed a Dutch company producing posters of all kinds. In 1987 the company was bought by some Italian guy named Berlusconi. As far as I know Hallmark now owns Verkerke.
Old 9th January 2012, 02:24 PM
R.A.T.

Where did you pick up the Thunderbird 6 and JTTFSOFS posters Doug?
Old 3rd February 2012, 07:17 AM
R.A.T.

The TB1 photo is another TV21 publicity shot, probably taken during the filming of 'Attack of the Alligators'. A large number of photos were taken using the 'swamp set', including ones of the yellow 'UN Rescue' helicopter seen in a Stingray strip (aka Creatures of the Lake http://www.technodelic.pwp.blueyonde...Stingray02.htm ) drawn by Gerry Embleton during '2066', and Lady Penelope posing with one of the alligators.