Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Runway 29

Notices

Old 17th December 2011, 09:11 PM
Dreisenberg Agent

Question Her Majesty's Royal Anderson Laser Discs?

Hello all,
Just wondering. For the photographic contributions to the massive 1993 Japanese All-Anderson hardover Zero X travaganza my co-ordinating friends/editors in Tokyo would continually reward me in kind with the Big Items being UFO and Scarlet Ld sets...the four colour- coded Scarlet,Blue,White,and Black sets making up all of the CSatMs 32 episodes...plus Mega Heavy all black exterior with silver UFO logo Box Set. With Ed's intense stare look head shot,representing half of the overall epi-total.
Didn't get the follow-up with Paul Foster on it though.

Then there are the one's from the Super Space Theatre stitch-together films....I have Countdown To Disaster and apart from that the MGM/UA combo TBAG!, T6 feature film set...all wide screen...also have JTTFSOTS or Doppelganger on LD widescreen, from Universal Home Video....
BUT! After all of this were there ever any similiar LD releases over where you are in the British Isles??Or did you skip from VHS-DVD????
Someone enlighten me and that's it
D-Logger
Old 18th December 2011, 08:57 PM
General Strond

Doug,
Precision Video did discs in the UK, but only The Super Space 'movies' and even then not all of them. I have the Scarlet Japanese sets, both UFO box sets and the first season of Space: 1999 [plus others] but are they really worth anything now ? I mean, yes, beautriful packages in their own right but, of course, technically now superceded by DVD and BD....
Old 19th December 2011, 07:44 PM
Dreisenberg Agent

Lord Nightingale,
Should never doubt you'd take little time in filling me in on the lean LD scene over your way.....suppose that the japs coming out with almost all those early homevideo systems...Japan Victor Corporation or JVC for VHS and LD and mebbe dvd,they'd leap at wrapping the AnderStuff around each new mode.....yes,they're packaging,graphic,and layout gems....I still have me 1992 Pioneer machine which cost me round about $1200 then but it's been a l o n g time since it's 'ad anything to eat.......also have Toho Laserdiscs featuring many Godzilla and related-studio Sf films...like a three-LD box set Godzilla Versus King Ghidorah-1991 for $250 U.S.
Ta

Last edited by douglogger; 19th December 2011 at 07:44 PM. Reason: spellcheck