Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Retro-metabolism > UFO The Movie 2010 / 2011 / 2012/ 2013

Notices

Old 13th July 2011, 03:41 PM
Spacehawk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisof View Post
...Anyone fancy a covert mission into their art department?...
I am looking forward to seeing all the production designs of the new S.H.A.D.O.
Old 14th July 2011, 12:46 PM
Squealer

Default Covert Mission

That's just what you might get!

I'll let you all know!!!
Old 14th July 2011, 03:35 PM
Spacehawk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Foster View Post
That's just what you might get!

I'll let you all know!!!
Colonel Foster you never fail us.
Old 21st July 2011, 06:59 PM
Dreisenberg Agent

Smile U.F.O. The Movie Script

I heard somewhere that Gerry was not happy with the script. You wonder if the reason why things have been quiet for a while is because the script was being re-written. I always have had a good feeling about this project and feel encouraged that there is a good relationship developing between the film company and the U.F.O. fanbase.
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:09 AM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunc1 View Post
I heard somewhere that Gerry was not happy with the script. You wonder if the reason why things have been quiet for a while is because the script was being re-written. I always have had a good feeling about this project and feel encouraged that there is a good relationship developing between the film company and the U.F.O. fanbase.

I must say that it is good to see them interacting somewhat with the fans. The website for the film is rather good anyway in my opinion - considering not a foot of film has been shot yet - and an excellent means of communication. Even if they are only repeating the same line all the time.

I would imagine there are all knds of things holding them up, the script being just one. I suspect the film, if it gets made, will turn out to be a lot different to what Gratzner and the rest had in mind as more interested parties get involved.

As for Gerry's approval or disapproval over the script (I would have thought it highly unlikely anyway that he
would give them the nod so easily..!) I doubt that is a major hurdle. I think Gerry's involvement is probably symbolic more than anything. Ultimately, I doubt he has any lasting say at all and certainly doesn't hold final script approval.
Old 4th August 2011, 07:55 PM
Spacehawk

Location: Ham Surrey. Half way between Kingston and Richmond, Surrey.

Am I the only life long Anderson fan and UFO nut who doesn't really care if this film ever gets made or not? I have nothing against re makes and re imaginings, but like all 'New versions' of old films or series, It wont be the series. Granted it may not be as far removed from the series as J. Frakes film was from Thunderbirds, but it still wont be the series, so it wont be UFO. It may be enjoyable. It may be very enjoyable, but it wont be UFO. UFO is unique. Well as unique as a live action remake of Captain scarlet can be, but it's still unique. Those sets, that look, that cast, that budget, that technology, that film making style. It stands alone. There is only one UFO, and that will always be the case. So this film, even if it turns out to be fantastic, will only be an alternate vision of UFO, which in my personal opinion wont be anywhere near as good. I'm not saying don't make it. I'm not saying that at all. If it ever gets made I'll see it and very likely enjoy it, but I wont be broken hearted if it never gets made. I saw and enjoyed Mr Frakes Thunderbirds film, but would have had just as happy a life if it never got made. I saw and eventually bought New Captain Scarlet, and really enjoyed it, I think it's a great tv program, but again would have been just as happy if the only CS in existence was the original, and that just about sums it up for me. I'll watch and probably enjoy new versions if they're made, but will find life just as enjoyable if they never get made.
Old 4th August 2011, 10:55 PM
Spacehawk

Well, I don't stay awake at nights worrying about it, that's for sure.

I still think there is a chance - not much of a chance, but a small chance - that this film will get made. And who knows, it may be something pretty good in it's own right. But you're right, I don't think it will be the UFO we all know and love. After 40 plus years, there isn't really any way it could be, I suppose.

I imagine there will be some superficial resemblance to the series, but basically I am fairly convinced there will be nothing beyond that.

To be honest, I think they are piggy-backing on the UFO 'name' and reputation more than anything - as a means of getting their own film off the starting blocks. But we'll see.

Or not.
Old 5th August 2011, 12:59 PM
Spacehawk

Location: Ham Surrey. Half way between Kingston and Richmond, Surrey.

It's a bit of a double edged sword deal. My first reaction, always is Leave well alone, don't try to recapture the past in a new form, and just enjoy the original. But I also have nothing against people trying. I'd never suggest it, but never shy away from watching and seeing if people give it a go.
Not just with Anderson, but with all unique things. Star Trek. Why bother. I never even saw the new version a couple of years back. I instinctively knew I'd think what was the point, and I'm not even a major Trek fan, but I've always recognised it for what it is. Unique. Hawaii Five-0. Have you seen the new version? How is that in any way evocative of the original? Jack Lord etc, are impossible acts to follow. Next they'll be re casting and re making Columbo, the most unique of all tv detectives. What they make may be enjoyable in their own right, but they wont be the originals. The recent Thunderbirds film, was a film I enjoyed. I found it fun. It wasn't the Thunderbirds I know, just something similar with the same name. As a film in it's own right it was enjoyable. As a new version of Thunderbirds it failed. I expected that from the moment I first heard about it, so I wasn't disappointed when that's what we got. New Captain Scarlet was as a tv series in it's own right, in my opinion fantastic. I loved it, but it wasn't Captain Scarlet. I'll grant you it was a lot more like Captain Scarlet that the Thunderbirds film was like Thunderbirds. But it still wasn't Captain Scarlet. It was just something similar. No new version ever captures the original properly. Even if they're enjoyable in their own right. In short THEY AREN'T NECESSARY. So why not just leave alone and make something original? Is the imagination not there to do that? Can these people not think of original films? The above is how I see this UFO film turning out. Possibly enjoyable in it's own right. BUT NOT UFO.