PDA

View Full Version : Terrahawks event

jmessy007
12th October 2013, 08:53 PM
Had a fantastic time at Expect the Unexpected. Thanks to everyone at Fanderson for making it such an enjoyable day! :)

Purupuss
12th October 2013, 10:03 PM
I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

Matthew Harding
12th October 2013, 10:20 PM
I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.Same here - I hope everyone who attended today's Terrahawks event had a great day - I know Jack had a fantastic time.

john61
13th October 2013, 07:24 AM
I'm genuinely sad that I had to work. I would have loved to attend. Looking forward to the photos.

amberdon
13th October 2013, 09:30 AM
It was a very enjoyable event. The hotel was excellent, although the room we were using was a tad on the chilly side during the evening meal and quiz

andersonitis
14th October 2013, 12:21 AM
Got back this morning from this wonderful convention
It was only a 1 day event but it was 10am till 10pm ish
There was a room where some of the Great modellers & puppet artists were interviewed & the audience were invited to participate with Q & As
Hight spots for me were Stephen Woodcock & John Lee being interviewed they explained that their big break was that they hired part of an old Huddersfield factory where they filmed scenes of model & sets in a Supermarionation situation, cars moving across bridges through tunnels etc
& they filmed it presented the show reels to Bob Bell & Gerry & a week later they got the job working with Stephen Begg
But what was amazing was they were only 21 years old
Photos were shown of John Lees homage to Sun probe when he was 18
Unbelievable stuff
Interspersed with the interviews was Hd episodes especially premiered at this event by Kindred Productions who also were behind all the sound & vision throughout
Nick Williams of Fanderson compared the event throughout the day & he really is full of life & wit, the day was really special under his stewardship
Ian Fryer took tge helm as chief Interviewer of guests & a fine job he did dashing about letting people ask question on his portable microphone.
In another room was David Sissons showing all of his models (we're not worthy)
& Fanderson had a table selling their wares
I brought along Phil Raes laminated Blueprints & put them on the wall & I displayed my Kate Kestrel head
But to be honest apart from David Sissons Repro models original props there was very few
I would have brought my puppets to cheer everyone up but I imagined puppets would be a no no at a Terrahawks event
Another high spot for me was a raffle 1 to be drawn early evening & 1 late evening
I being greedy bought loads of tickets & my greed paid off as I won 2 prizes in the afternoon
I could have grabbed a Robert Harrop Atlanta but settled for a poster plus a really natty Brains sweatshirt that suits my fat stomach just fine

I confess I went off for an afternoon doze, all those dark room interviews make me want to zzzzz.
Just old age nothing to do with the calibre of the day
Later in the evening there was a meal & a quiz & I joined at table of intellectual Tv fans who out of 10 -12 tables of teams we won the quiz at the end of the night questions asked by Nick Williams(a wonderful compere) were relating to Dramas, Comedy,Sci fi, etc etc
1 round was to identifty 60-70 fast moving clips of old tv programmes
Teams were allowed to go back & watch the film of the clips a few times as you just cannot write them down fast enough
There was a lovely meal of Beef Stroganoff or Curry & it was really tasty & plenty to drink as free Fizz was provided
Again I mention we won the quiz & our prizes were goodie bags of cds badges stickers
Plus we all got a Terrahawks cube each & in it was loads of choccies,crisps sweets Angel delight ? Pot Noodle ? & lollypops
I must commend the Fanderson team on providing a fun packed day
They make you feel really special with your name badges
I had a great day & made new friends

Thank you

andersonitis
14th October 2013, 12:33 AM
Forgot to mention in the evening raffle I won UFO hardback book
Plus

Another Brains sweatshirt

Awesome...

andersonitis
14th October 2013, 12:34 AM
Heres a few more pics

andersonitis
14th October 2013, 12:35 AM
Views from the model room

andersonitis
14th October 2013, 12:36 AM
We'll keep on fighting...till the end

andersonitis
14th October 2013, 12:42 AM
Totally forgot to mention Jamie Anderson was there & he kept us up to speed with Andercon & Kickstarter who are fundraising for the new project Gemini Force one
He's a really great bloke.

Mark42
14th October 2013, 06:45 PM
I brought along Phil Raes laminated Blueprints & put them on the wall & I displayed my Kate Kestrel head
But to be honest apart from David Sisson's Repro models original props there was very few
I would have brought my puppets to cheer everyone up but I imagined puppets would be a no no at a Terrahawks event

You should have brought them along it would have made a better display. I actually thought there might be other people displaying stuff, like Fanderson displaying some of the original SP props from their archive, or maybe Christof bringing some of his art, or certainly an appearance by a Zeroid which has appearred at some past events, I was surprised and a bit disappointed not to see it at a Terrahawk Convention, especially as I had my camera ready to take some photos of it..

Apart from that I really enjoyed the day even though I had set my alarm an hour late which added to the stress of transporting everything there and then the rush to set everything up.
Best model there for me was seeing the original Zelda spaceship, I know that the builder, Steven Woodcock, wanted to take it home with him!
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be that many original Terrahawks models around even though loads were made for the production.... I think the most repeated question asked on the day was 'do I know whos got the models? Sadly the answers no I don't....

UnpackTheCases
14th October 2013, 07:30 PM
We'll keep on fighting...till the end

I agree with my fellow Team Member that it was a great day all round. So glad that you encouraged the other team members to join us as we certainly had a star amongst us! My cube remains 'boxed up' until I can get a zeroid to cover me! I too won a raffle prize of a print that I will get framed asap. My best evening out this year!

Fanderson really know how to put on a great day and this ranks right up there. Shame that there were'nt more there too to share in the fun. Nick and the rest of the committee do a sterling job and in their spare time (if they have any)too.

I agree with the darkened room comments but the interviewees seemed to be having such great fun that they kept me awake and entertained. Well done Ian for all the interviewing too. Wow, you know your stuff!

I hope to see loads of you in April although after attending most gatherings since 1999 it will be a hard act to follow!

My first ever Forum Post anywhere. I will be using a mobile phone next!

Dunc1
15th October 2013, 09:35 PM
Many Thanks to Nick, Ian and the rest of the Fanderson Committee for a wonderful day. Thanks to the guests who are immensely talented and very modest. Lovely to see old friends again. Having trouble with the website so not sure if this message will get through.

Nick Williams
16th October 2013, 05:44 PM
Thanks to everyone who came along to Expect The Unexpected, and who have since posted such lovely reviews!

Although we knew that ETU wouldn't be a huge event with hundreds of delegates, none of us expected to have so many surprise guests wanting to be part of it, or for it to have such a wonderful reunion/family feeling.

Autumn Cottage
18th October 2013, 06:35 PM
Many thanks to everyone concerned for a great day. The whole event was very enjoyable, but I think it's worth mentioning the quiz in particular, as everyone I spoke to seemed to have the opinion that it was far more fun than the evening disco in past conventions. I admit as a bit of an oldie, I've usually bobbed my head in the door for a while, just to take a few pictures of the different costumes and then like many others, spent the rest of the evening chatting in the bar. In contrast, the quiz was a great atmosphere and good fun for everyone (guests included) to join in with. I'm sure a similar quiz, contest etc. would be popular at future events. The same goes for the Holiday Inn at Maidenhead as a venue as well.

I've posted some pictures on Flickr and hopefully should have some videos posted soon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn_cottage/sets/72157636685979306/

Thanks again.

andersonitis
19th October 2013, 12:16 AM
Lovely pics
I assume taken with a camera rather than a phone

Autumn Cottage
20th October 2013, 06:02 PM
Lovely pics
I assume taken with a camera rather than a phone

Thanks.

The pictures are from a camcorder, which is handy for screen captures if there isn't time to set up still pictures specifically. I'll post a mention here when the videos are online (all being well).

jmessy007
30th October 2013, 11:41 AM
Here are some pics from Expect the Unexpected. Enjoy! :)

Matthew Harding
30th October 2013, 05:29 PM
Here are some pics from Expect the Unexpected. Enjoy! ;DGreat pics, Jack - thanks for sharing. I hope you had a great day.

jmessy007
31st October 2013, 09:13 AM
Great pics, Jack - thanks for sharing. I hope you had a great day.

Thanks mate! :)

John Johnson
6th November 2013, 01:45 PM
I was wondering if Dan Wesley attended the event? Dan worked on Terrahawks. Lost contact with him some years ago, would like to know how he is.