PDA

View Full Version : Help finding Thunderbirds Vinyl for Record Store Day

Elliotpav
13th November 2012, 07:12 PM
Hi everyone.

Hope I'm not being cheeky in doing this, as I am sure many people are also searching for a copy, but I am having much difficulty getting hold of one.

I was, sadly, too busy with uni the day the Thunderbirds Vinyl went on sale and missed out. I have been checking eBay daily and have been outbid, 5 times now, with just seconds to spare before the end. I also was awaiting Star Trader to stock them, but they went on without notice, and also sold out.

After being outbid again today I was wondering if anyone knows anywhere else I can get a copy? I am hoping to be able to get the Captain Scarlet Vinyl and following releases as they go on Silva Sceen's website.

Many thanks for any help you could give. :)

Hiram K Hackenbacker
13th November 2012, 07:54 PM
While I can't help you with the Thunderbirds one, Elliott, I can recommend that you pre-order the other 3 at http://www.banquetrecords.com/search.jsp?artist=Barry+Gray as I have done, to avoid disappointment. If I happen to see any Thunderbirds ones on my Internet travels, I'll give you a shout.

Edit
It turns out they're reading sold out now, I pre-ordered them on the 10th October so there must have been some serious interest on them since then!

Elliotpav
13th November 2012, 08:44 PM
I am very surprised at how quickly they have sold.

I will have to be on the ball with the future releases and get them asap on Silva Screen as they become available.

Many thanks for the link, though. Much appreciated.

And if you do find a Thunderbirds one, that would be incredible! Thank you so much!

Hiram K Hackenbacker
13th November 2012, 09:00 PM
I am very surprised at how quickly they have sold.

I will have to be on the ball with the future releases and get them asap on Silva Screen as they become available.

Many thanks for the link, though. Much appreciated.

And if you do find a Thunderbirds one, that would be incredible! Thank you so much!

No worries, and we'll all be in the same boat when it comes to record store day, since you can't even pre-order that one!

Fireflash
13th November 2012, 09:31 PM
Elliot, this ebay seller has Thunderbirds as Buy It Now 17.99, 4 copies available. Hope they're still there when you read this :)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BARRY-GRAY-Thunderbirds-EP-7-RI-Blue-Vinyl-Gerry-Anderson-MINT-/400331532758?pt=UK_Records&hash=item5d359e69d6

capt_ochre
14th November 2012, 07:55 AM
Are there only three tracks on these? Are they direct versions from the CD album or suites?

Hiram K Hackenbacker
14th November 2012, 11:46 AM
Are there only three tracks on these? Are they direct versions from the CD album or suites?

Three on Thunderbirds, Four on Scarlet and the rest to be confirmed, and they are they same versions that appear on the Silva screen releases from what I can tell.

mrthunder
14th November 2012, 11:03 PM
Having posted on here a little while ago that we were the only non-record outlet getting trade supplies of these singles I am surprised no-one has mentioned www.startrader.co.uk

I have one remaining at 8.99 as we speak....

Hiram K Hackenbacker
15th November 2012, 12:13 AM
Having posted on here a little while ago that we were the only non-record outlet getting trade supplies of these singles I am surprised no-one has mentioned www.startrader.co.uk

I have one remaining at 8.99 as we speak....

It's probably due to the fact that it's listed as Out of Stock on the website, I checked it a few days ago.

capt_ochre
15th November 2012, 09:20 AM
Cheers AC :)

Hiram K Hackenbacker
25th November 2012, 10:42 PM
Elliotpav, here's one on ebay with a reasonable starting price from Star Trader, you might be lucky this time :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gerry-Anderson-Thunderbirds-7-blue-vinyl-45rpm-record-BRAND-NEW-release-/400345055976?pt=UK_Records&hash=item5d366cc2e8

mrthunder
26th November 2012, 07:09 PM
After my last posting we sold a disc and that got replaced but that one has gone now as well. Your visit to Star Trader must just have been mis-timed, unfortunately. I have one copy left now and that's the one currently running on the eBay version of Star Trader as mentioned above

Elliotpav
27th November 2012, 09:06 AM
Thanks for all your help guys.

I've just managed to grab hold of one a few days ago on eBay for 15.

Too busy with uni to have a proper look yet, sadly, but can't wait to have a listen. Also looking forward to getting the rest of the set now.

Thanks again for your help. It is hugely appreciated.