PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Towers aka Thompson Towers from City of Fire

douglogger
23rd November 2011, 11:43 PM
Dear Forum Friends
A few kilometres/miles due north from my home are two twin towers a la Thompson Towers kinda from City of Fire
To view this enter in "absolutecondos mississauga" click on to home page site overview...
pass yer mouse icon arrow over the two ovals to the left on the diagram and the thin strip to the left to see something truly futuristic. South Tower is 56 floors high its Northern Brother/sister 50 floors kinda looking like they could rival The London Car-Vue in outrageous style.
And yes it's all rounded exterior styling no straight lines or corners...
Enjoy all you who find a wee bit of the Meddingsian style now in jazzy looking structures and vehicles
Doug:rolleyes:

Chrisof
24th November 2011, 12:42 AM
Nice architecture :) love the twisty look.

Derek Eaton
24th November 2011, 11:06 AM
http://www.absolutecondos.com/ - Mousing over buildings D & E.

I agree the design is futuristic. Reminds me of a couple of vases or something that came of the potters wheel but not quite right.

Derek Eaton
24th November 2011, 11:09 AM
The one with small bottom and top and the fat middle - I can just see Brains - like in Terror In New York - just as they are opening the building to fanfare on TV - Ned Cook reporting - seeing an obvious design fault and impending disaster.

Scott and Virgil get down here.

douglogger
24th November 2011, 03:39 PM
Dear Guys,
Great! Glad to spread the local Mississauga word via our trademark high-rise icons. Whilst working next door to the east of them, January 09, I could see the huge pit that they would rise out of. I think they rose by a floor a week or ten days..I was part of a post-construction cleaning team then at one of the sister buildings up around 27 floors and I can only imagine the London Car-VIEW err Mississauga Non-Car-View from atop the 56th floor minus the approaching Mysteron controlled A-42..
These towering twins have a local nickname The Marilyn Monroes because of all those groovy curves from top to bottom!!
Thanks for taking me up on this chest-thumping offer.

Doug 905 Pelton